Thursday, July 19, 2012

Beyond My Wildest Dreams...

"God's Been Good in my life... I feel blessed beyond my wildest dreams, when I go to sleep each night! And though I've had my share of hard times, by my side He's always stood...and through it all God's Been Good!"

I can honestly sing that song, with full meaning of every word. Sometimes people criticize me for saying that God's been good, or I'm truly blessed.. they say it's bragging or sounding like I have material things, wealth, or that I'm even better than someone else.
Please know this, when I say how blessed I am...It is because my God, my Jesus has saved me! Washed my horrible sins away, made me pure and clean, looks at me as if I never hurt Him, sees Jesus' blood not my sin, I'm His child!! Plus on top of all that, He rescued me from a life of pain and despair, a life of living for self. He gave me a brand new start, pulled me out of the trap Satan set for me...How can I not proclaim how good He is? How can I not praise Him day and night?

So you see, that's why I am blessed....not because I have great wealth, or my life is or has always been perfect. I'm quite far from that trust me...

But because God's been good to me, if my family, friends, and ministry God has given me were all taken away...He's still been good, and His mercy and grace would still endure forever!

I just felt like Praising the Lord a little on here today.... 
Here's a few of my blessings you can see ☺

Lately I've been looking back upon this winding road..
to the old familiar markers of the mercies I have known.



I know it may sound simple, but it's more than a cliché..
No other words to tell you than to say..


God's been good in my life,
I feel blessed beyond my wildest dreams when I go to sleep each night!


And though I've had my share of hard times, by my side He's always stood..
And through it all, God's Been Good!


Times replay and I can see I've cried some bitter tears...
But I felt His arms around me as I faced my greatest fears!


I've had more gains than loses, and I've known more joy and than hurt!
As His grace rolls down upon me undeserved...


God's been good in my life,
I feel blessed beyond my wildest dreams when I go to sleep each night!


And though I've had my share of hard times..by my side He's always stood!
And through it all God's been Good!!


God has been my Father, my Savior, and my Friend...
His Love was my beginning, His Love will be my end.


I could spend forever trying to tell you everything He is...
But the best way to tell you is this...


♪ God's Been Good ♫ ♪


3 comments:

  1. This is such a wonderful song.... the message is so true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this song and loved this post!!! I too have been in awe recently as I've noticed all of the ways I'm blessed. And God is truly good. :) I have to ask you though, did you guys change the words to the song?? lol The one I know the chorus is a little different but I like "your" version better! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Post, Rebekah! We love you here in WV! Can't wait to spend some time with you and the family this week!!!!!

    I love you!

    Sister

    ReplyDelete