The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.
Psalms 28:7
Hello, I've been thinking of doing a post on this for a while now...and today Mama said something that reminded me of it. So here I am doing a post!!
This past year has brought many changes into my life, as most years do the older we get... one of my many changes was my life verse, my old life verse was of course many of you know Psalms 5:11
''But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee.'' Which is still one of my favs!!!! and a great verse to live by, and what this post is sorta about... Anyway, I did change it to Proverbs 3:5 the verse I posted below, Because I realized this year how important it is to simply just Trust in the Lord! Because I just don't understand alot of things...But I can't worry or try and fix everything, I just have to trust the Lord with ALL my heart!!!!
Anyway the point of this post...
''Whistling While We Work'' I have met alot of people and have seen alot of Christian's who seem to think that as Christians we should not have fun, should not find joy, in serving the Lord. In working in the ministry.
They walk around very solemn, and quiet, afraid to smile and laugh and like Daddy would say ''Don't get happy or smile you're only going to Heaven, you're only saved from Hell!!''haha right, have you seen them too???
The Bible talks about rejoicing sooo much, that No Christian should walk around like someone licked the red of your candy :) We should smile, people should look at us and say I want what they have!!!!
I will be glad and rejoice in thee: I will sing praise to thy name, O thou most High. Ps. 9:2
You know, I'm human...I have my off days, But I try to be happy and I try to show people how wonderful it is to be a Christian, and how fun and exciting it is to serve the Lord!!
People in the past have said things, they think it's strange that I'm Happy....for some odd reason :)
Sometimes they get me down, because people think just because I'm happy, that either ''I'll end up the wild one, that I'm flirting, that I'm crazy, that I'm not spiritual, that I have some other reason for being happy because a person can't just be joyful in the Lord...she must have a hidden agenda!'' or I'm in Love with someone...Goodness!! One doesn't have to have a boyfriend to be happy...haha
I've had so many people think just because I'm laughing at church, I must have a boyfriend... trust me I've been asked. Sometimes I get tired of people thinking just because there is guy my age at church, or I say ''How are you?'' that they naturally think We are supposed to date, or get married. It's called being polite.
Anyway, I don't want to get on the whole guy/girl thing again...someone will think I'm sending vibes ;) jk..
I just believe we should be HAPPY, serving the Lord...
Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice. Phil.4:4
So let's do just like the verse says.... Rejoice in the Lord alway!!!!
That doesn't mean bad times won't come, and trust me in the ministry hard times will come...but
''Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.''2Cor.12:10
We can take pleasure in those times, Because when we are weak and we feel like we can't go out and knock another door, we can't face another business meeting, we can't see another Buskid stop riding, we can't FACE another day alone.... Christ is our Strength!!!! And So with that promise, how could we not be happy??
So Whistle while ya work....because You are working for your Savior, who saved you from a life in Hell....I think we have alot to rejoice about, Praise the Lord!!!!!


Thanks for the post, Rebekah! I needed that today! Jesus is the only One that we can rejoice in and He is our Joy! Instead of moping around, we should be praising and rejoicing in Him as we serve Him! Again, Great post!
ReplyDeleteLove Ya!
What an encouragement! I don't serve in a church or even have a home-church yet, but I serve my husband and kids and am constantly facing persecution for not living a modern wife & mom's life. This post was so beautiful and the song you have put on your blog is so suitable. Thanks for sharing the verses. Without God and His Word I wouldn't want to face another tomorrow. He truly is my One and only reason to sing and be joyful. (By the way, does your mom have blog for encouraging married women?)
ReplyDeleteAnonymous, thanks so much for the comment!!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad my blog was an encouragement to you, You have the most important job a woman can ever have, and God will bless you for it Keep serving your husband and children even when people don't understand... My mama does have a blog you can find her at http://gritspreacherswife.blogspot.com/
She would love for you to visit her, and please come again and visit me any time, your comment was such an encouragement to me!
God bless you Rebekah! Thanks for sharing your mom's blog and I can't wait to read all her advice. I'm a homeschooling mom who is constantly asking the Lord for strength as no one in my family or my husband's family has ever homeschooled, so I don't have any good examples to follow. But the Lord has been so faithful to us through our journey sofar. Isn't He wonderful!?!! Jesus, My Lord!
ReplyDelete