Monday, January 23, 2012

I'd Rather Have Jesus

I’d rather have Jesus than silver or gold;
I’d rather be His than have riches untold;
I’d rather have Jesus than houses or lands;
I’d rather be led by His nail-pierced hand Refrain:

Than to be the king of a vast domain
And be held in sin’s dread sway;
I’d rather have Jesus than anything
This world affords today.

I’d rather have Jesus than men’s applause;
I’d rather be faithful to His dear cause;
I’d rather have Jesus than worldwide fame;
I’d rather be true to His holy name

He’s fairer than lilies of rarest bloom;
He’s sweeter than honey from out the comb;
He’s all that my hungering spirit needs;
I’d rather have Jesus and let Him lead

This song has been a comfort to me lately, I've been singing it all week.
Compared to this world and all it's glory, I'd rather have Jesus.
My Jesus has given me Life so sweet, He has forgiven my every sin, and forgotten them....Forgotten my sins!!! He rescued me!! His Love is Unconditional, His promises He always keeps... when my heart is broken, and I'm full of fear, He is my refuge..I run to Him!

The older I get, I lean on Him more... I want His desires above my wants,
I want Him to guide me through every step, I want His will!!

I'd Rather Have Jesus, than Anything!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Amen! On my way home from church Sunday afternoon I was thinking about some things going on and how I'll be 20 in just two short weeks, and I started singing this song and the tears just started flowing. This is one of the best hymns that was ever written and at times, it's almost like I could have wrote it myself because that's how true it is to my heart. Thank you for sharing girl! Praying for you! :)

    ReplyDelete