Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Bet You Didn't Know......


So I thought I'd do a little post of random facts not many people know about me, just for fun and the fact that I have an idle moment before I go to church tonight and my sister is hogging the piano haha.

So here it goes...

Bet you didn't know......

My Daddy was an atheist and my Mama was Presbyterian when they first dated. A Baptist preacher held a revival in the little Presbyterian Church where my parents were later married, and my dad went one night just to date my mom, and sit with her...but while he was there the preacher preached on Heaven, and two weeks later after being convicted and questioning everyone about God, my dad went to see a preacher and got saved!
A year later was called to preach, and married my Mama ☺

Bet you didn't know......

That my mama was never supposed to have me or my sisters... they were married for 9 years before my sister Jennifer was born. They wept and prayed, my mama went through everything you could imagine to try and have us... they went to see a great man of God Pastor Jack Hyles, who annointed her with oil, but told her it may not be God's will for her to have children and she may have to accept that. After doing all she could, and the doctors giving up hope if she wasn't expecting by a certain date, my wonderful mother came to the end of her self and gave it to God and said Lord you know my desire, but your will be done.
 Just a few months later God blessed her with a little girl...
And then 5 years later another little girl....
and then another.....
and then one more ☺

With men, we were impossible, we were never supposed to be here... and with each one of us the devil tried to stop us from entering this world...But with God all things are possible! And He has a plan for each of us, and had everything under control!

Bet you didn't know....

My sister Jennifer led me to the Lord in my room one late night after a revival...I was only 4, but I still remember it as clear as can be. Through the years I've failed my Jesus, I've been so low and far from God's will that I wondered how I got there, But God's mercy, grace, and love has never left me. I'm a believer, a child of the most high God, saved from the burning flames of hell!
(ok maybe you knew that)

Bet you didn't know....

I'm afraid of birds, riding on a plane, and suspicious people that seem to be stalking me and could kidnap me and take me to another country.... But I'm learning to conquer these fears haha
(I'm really not that paranoid, my girls have helped me lol)

Bet you didn't know....
I love vintage 1940's/1950's stuff,
I love Old yellow houses with white trim, and a white picket fence,
I love antiques,
My favorite color is.....Blue, Purple, Pink, Red...ok undecided
(You may have known that too, I may have mentioned it but oh well)

Bet you didn't know....
When I see a Butterfly, I know it's God sending me a little reminder that He loves me!
(And when I get a car, I want a air-brushed license plate with a butterfly on it that says God is Good.....or when I get a moped as some people will say lol)

Bet you didn't know.....
This post is over, because the rest.....well is yet to be discovered.
NIGHT YA'LL ☺


2 comments:

  1. I love this...especially how your family came to be! God is so good!! Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an AMAZING story about your parents!! It's amazing how the Lord works!! {I don't like birds either, LOL}

    ReplyDelete