Thursday, June 21, 2012

Finally.... Your Answers ☺

I'm so sorry it's taken me so long to get to posting...

Due to my slow internet connection, and just the hassle of it all I decided to put off the 2nd Video/Blog...and answer your questions the old fashion way!
First of all, oh my... thanks for the Awesome response...and encouraging comments!! I actually didn't receive one negative comment, Amen right? That's a rare thing today for someone not to be negative..haha I'm happy to answer every question, so here it goes.

First Question Comes From Kasharia...
"hhhheeeeeeeeeeeyyyyy!!! ummmm...i know ur like old and everything and your not in college, but if you went to a bible college where would it be???? cuz im thinking about going....."

Haha Thank you Kasharia, I guess I am old...or getting that way. No, I'm not in college and I have never attended a Bible College, I have been to a few and visited friends. I have also filled out 5 or 6 applications lol to different Bible Colleges. But God hasn't led me in that direction yet, not that I'm against always learning, and gaining wisdom. I try and learn at home, and I am very involved in my church, and serving the Lord. I think if a young person felt God leading them, or just wanted to be in a Christian environment to learn and be under Godly influence Bible College is a great thing!
I recommend checking out, Golden State Baptist College, West Coast Baptist College(especially if you are on the west coast, if I did live on the west coast I'd definitely go for a higher education in music, and just to be in one of those great churches would be AWESOME, I really lean toward GSBC, their heart is in everything they do, and they have a real burden for the bus ministry(which my heart is especially into) and Bro.Jack Trieber reminds me of my daddy how he preaches with fire, but yet has a tear in his eye at the same time because he is so burdened for his church and the state of CA) East Coast...hmmm Heartland Baptist College, Champion, Grace bapt., Crown, Ambassador,Hyles, Shawnee, Commonwealth, okay so you seriously have alot to choose from these days. I'd really pray about where God would want me, and I'd look at the Man of God who is over the school, the product that comes from the school(like if students graduating are coming out of the school standing on truth, knowing what they believe, winning souls, building churches, marrying right, living for God..ect.. or if they are coming out confused, leaning toward the world, dropping music standards, lacking stability and convictions, and generally not doing anything to spread the Gospel)
I've prayed about going to several different colleges, God has never given me a peace about any one in particular, I've had a lot of comments about if ya want a good guy ya better go where they are because there are definitely not any around here...lol This may be true...But I think God knows where I am, and that I'm willing to go to Tanzania, Costa Rica, California, or just the bad part of my town to witness. I'm willing, and while I still have a little youth ;) I'm enjoying serving my Jesus, and yes the ministry is GREAT!...so where ever I go, I will be serving Him in some capacity, in what ever little or big way I can. Hope that sorta answers your question, dear...

Next we have..Hello! I'm about to ask a very touchy question.... What do you think about kissing before you are married??? ~ Faithful Reader~

Touchy, I don't know if that's the word.....It really shouldn't be, I personally believe that first kiss should be saved for your wedding day. That is what I have promised myself I would do, not that that's been easy, and the devil hasn't tried to get me to go back on that promise.
I wrote a post on this very subject a longggg time ago, when really I was a totally different girl, well I guess I was a girl, and hadn't fully been tested or tried on this subject. Here's the link..
In that post I talk about how precious and wonderful our first kiss truly is, it should be treasured. Because in today's time, it's thrown away like nothing...and barely remembered. 7,8,and 9 year old's are giving away their first kiss to every Tom, Dick, and Harry...and so that by the time they are 18 they have given their heart, and most of the time their bodies to more guys than they can remember. Sadly this is today's time, your first kiss, first touch, first everything is given away so freely it's scary. Girls are looking for love, looking for acceptance, looking to be treasured...but are using what God has given them to hold, keep, and save for their husband to get a moment of that feeling.
No, I do not believe that if you have or do kiss someone before marriage that you have lost your purity, that you are wicked, or that I'm better than you..I know some wait until they are engaged to share their first kiss, or holding hands..That is a personal conviction, That is your choice... but be sure to make that decision and hold to it. Holding hands, kissing, even a hug is something to cherish...and really to be honest leads to longings for more. I believe that God would have us save those things for our future mates, I want my future husband to have all of my firsts.
I made that decision a long time ago, and because I made that decision the devil has tried everything in his might to make me give it all away. I have come as close enough to giving it away, to make me realize how much I need to stand strong, and keep that promise to stay pure, keep my first kiss, keep it, to honor God, and just because once it's given away....you will never have it back.
I know that I have had little kids come up to me and ask me about why I have never "been with a guy" or have I ever even kissed someone? They stare at me in disbelief, then whisper that they had already kissed someone in 3rd grade. My heart is broken over so many girls that want to do what I'm doing, that want to keep their kiss, and purity...But they are not willing to stand for it, or fight the peer pressure, or resist the temptation...Girls, if you do want to save your love for your husband, you want to save all your future kisses(even if your first kiss has already been given away) if you truly want that. Make the decision today! And ask God to help you keep that promise, not go back on that decision..It's an everyday determination, me and some of my girls at church pray together ever so often to just help us keep that promise to God that we will save ourselves, Pour your heart out to God, He will strengthen you.. It is a precious treasure, that is only to be claimed by your God given mate, don't waste it on the fleeting moment of a high school sweetheart, or someone who promises the world and makes you feel like you're worth a million bucks only to leave you the next month. Keep your eyes on the prize.... God will bless you for waiting, even when it's hard...
God knows, and it WILL be worth it ☺


Question #3 is from NC Cowgirl...
Would you mind doing a post about soul-winning. I don't know if I'm the only Christian girl who feels this way. But I'm so scared to witness. I'm not ashamed of what I believe in, but I am afraid that I won't do it right or will seem immature... HELP ME?

Brittany you are not alone....I think everyone has that little bit of fear in us as we try and witness. Especially being a girl, I think we have more fears....me I get so afraid when I go door-knocking just as I hear someone come to the door, the fear of not explaining well, or not knowing the answer...Yes I completely understand.
The answer is simply to just do it... A little boy at our church, was saved recently he is about 10 or 11 and he is as sweet as can be. He received a bible after he was saved, and as bold as a lion he took it to school with him (public school btw) he began showing it to his friends, and last Sunday night in Patch the Pirate program he said that he showed his best friend what happened to him, and he got saved too!!! He has only been saved for a little while, but he is already a bold witness for Christ!
Why can't we do that? We can!!
 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. 2Tim.1:7
Claim that verse, so many of us sit on the sidelines saying I can't do that, I don't know the right verses, I'll mess it up, I'm afraid to go door to door, I'm afraid to tell my friends about Jesus. Sadly many Christians will talk themselves out of soul-winning, and witnessing, because of fear and nothing else. Not because they are not smart, not because they have found a better way, not because of any real excuse... but because of fear, and the devil's lies. Soul-winning is the key to depression, to selfishness, to boredom, loneliness, to really all your problems.. We just simply must do it!!
I have been through the classes of the Soul Winner's Club... It helped me learn the Roman's Road. And different ways of starting up a conversation... Knowing those verses, having them marked in my New Testament which I keep in my purse has helped...keeping tracks with the Gospel close by that I can grab quickly and give to someone... If you feel you are lacking wisdom, you don't need a Bible College education to witness, don't worry about that, Read your bible for wisdom, ask God for it. And when your witnessing stay on the subject of salvation, because trust me weird questions will pop up sometimes and if it's totally irrelevant to the subject ask them to let you finish, and you'll go back and answer their question later...then get right back into the gospel.
I don't know if any of this helps, all I can really say is that if you know the gospel, if you can even simply give your testimony like Little David, then simply just do it! That's what you have to do....push past the fear, and God will give you the words and the power to get the message across, that I promise!! Pray and Go!!

I hope that answers your questions for the night, Thank ya'll so much for commenting. You have been a blessing and encouragment! Until my next posts....

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your encouraging words. They have really helped encourage me. I have read that verse before and never took it in that perspective. I have always looked at the second part of that verse. I have recently taken the step of handing out tracts,and (as Mrs. Kay said) spread the seed and run.I am very shy to confront. Although, I have been able to do it through text and email

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's really special saving the first kiss and touch on your wedding day. The first time my husband and I held hands was the day before our wedding at rehearsal. And we didn't even kiss at our wedding. I wanted it to be special but private, not for everyone to view. I'm thankful that we waited so I can tell my kids by example and not just by words. Not everyone is waiting but it is definitely the best way to go and it's worth the wait.
    I enjoy your posts and your stand for God. I believe you are helping many people see the truths of Gods word.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for doing this!! All your post have helped me! God bless you! Hope you have a blessed week!
    Don't Quit!
    Catherine K.

    ReplyDelete