"I'll take the BusKids!"-Dr.Jack Hyles
Awhile back someone said something so foolish about Buskids to me, that we simply bus kids into our white rich suburbs....and other things about how they saw the "bus ministry" debating to me for bragging and asking what would happen to the kids with no parents to bring them to church if we didn't have the bus ministry?....Of course at first it made me mad, and then it really hit me how wrong, and totally off this guy was about the Bus Ministry!
So many people are harsh, and often hate the bus ministry. People sit back and criticize that we are not really winning, or discipling anyone, but it's simply for the huge numbers we are after, or to make them into clean rich snobs. Huh??? Do they not see what they are saying? Do they not look at what they are being so negative against? Do they not realize how God has blessed the bus ministry, how many preachers, missionaries, pastors and pastor's wives, Sunday school teachers would have never been won, if not for the bus ministry!!!
How can they sit in a group of believers, and soak up all the wisdom of God, all the fellowship, all the goodness, and just continue to soak it up without sharing it? Little boys and Girls, pretty much the entire generation coming up is not growing up with a Mom and Dad to bring them to church, most do not even know where or who their parents are...should you forget them, because they don't have a perfect family to unite with your church?
I love my Buskids!!!! I love them so much, oh you just don't even know... When people criticize and say things about the bus ministry, how it's not needed, or it's not important, or it should be forgotten, it really bothers me. I really believe that every one should work in the bus ministry, especially those who are so negative against it. I'd love to take that guy that said those things to visit some of the homes of my kids, I wonder if he'd have a new look on the bus ministry if he actually worked in one.
Kind of like all those young people who are downing all these great men of God, or seem to know everything wrong with the churches today, or what we should be doing...It's kind of hard to listen to them, when they've never built a church, never ran a bus route, never even came close to accomplishing what the generation before them has, in fact most that sit and tear down soul-winning, baptist churches, bus kids, and fundamentalists, are just sitting there...and they'll never do anything to fix the so-called problems they find.
Which is why, give me the buskids!!! They love the Lord, and Goodness....God loves them and when he looks down, do you know who is He more pleased with?... Not the Man with 500 degrees, that can speak Greek, and can philosophy truth away, but God looks down and sees a Buskid who simply believes in Jesus, believes He is, who He says He is....and trusts God's word is truth, a Buskid that knows the Lord!
Thus saith the Lord, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches:
But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the Lord which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the Lord Jeremiah 9:23-24
But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the Lord which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the Lord Jeremiah 9:23-24
Why don't you take the time to pray for your BK's at church? Do you even know their names? Do you love them? if you do..do you tell them enough? You may be the only one to tell them of God's love, you may be the only one to ever care for their soul!
I'm pretty sure my buskids have the majority of my prayers, Sunday morning, they have my full attention and love, Saturday mornings they have my time, and they have a very large portion of my heart! One day I believe God will use every single one of my kids, maybe Shyheem will be a Bus Captain, Damoni a pastor's wife, Carlos a usher, Elias a Preacher, Andrew a song leader, Doshy a piano player, Will a great soul-winner, Ryan a faithful Man, Lauryn a Godly wife, Danayah a Sunday school teacher, Bryia a missionary. And all my teen girls marrying Godly men, bringing their kids to church, and having a first generation Christian home.
God can do ALL things! And I believe He has HUGE plans for each of my kids!
If you are looking for something to invest your life in, something that makes sense, something that brings glory to God, something that is worth while... This is it! Your Mission Field is just beyond the stain glass windows, just beyond your circle or friends, just beyond your comfort zone, it's here in America, in our schools, in our neighborhoods, the kids are begging for love, for truth, for Jesus, will you go?
.jpg)

That is SO GOOD!!! We are starting a church there in NC this fall and I would love to get involved in a bus ministry. Thanks so much for the encouragement!!!
ReplyDeleteAmen girl! This just made me fall in love with the bus ministry all over again! I love all of my bus kids and I just know God will use them for His glory someday and I just thank Him for letting me have a small part in it! ♥
ReplyDelete