Monday, December 10, 2012

Got It All Under Control?

 
Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.
1Corinthians 10:12
 
I've been wanting to do a post on this lately because I've noticed that it's becoming a wide-spread issue with alot of young ladies. Either we are all consumed with the fact of we have nothing under control, we fear the very thought of tomorrow and all the problems looming ahead, second guess, doubt every decision..or we are complete opposite by thinking we can handle anything, our plans are all made, we will hate who we want, date who we want, and choose what we want, we brush off advice because we are never in the wrong, and we stop our ears when we think someone is trying to help or teach us something, because we have it all under control...
 
Is either one of these attitudes right?
 
I don't think so, I talk a lot about that defeated attitude of worrying and doubting... which is wrong, we are not relying, trusting in the sovereignty of God... He is in control, having the first attitude is just as sinful as having the second!
 
I suppose what really struck me hard one day was listening to one of my older students talk about her future. There was some good, she has very good academic goals set in her life, finishing high-school and stuff...she talked of the best schools, the nicest jobs, and of course very nice cars and a fancy beach house. She mentioned when she graduated, she wasn't going to let anyone tell her what to do, her plans were made....
 
Sadly this is our young generation of Christian ladies about to enter in the world. As I listened to this Jr. in a Christian school, I thought you really have had no thought of God even being a part of your life, much less being in complete control. I quickly asked her had she prayed about what God might want her to do...and the conversation was changed.
 
How can this be?
 
God, the creator of all, your heavenly Father, the One that gives you the very air to breathe, who gives you everything...and you are going to plan your life without Him???
I'm a little confused, are we teaching our boys and girls in Christian schools to have careers, make money, and go for a higher education, without God's leading, without His wisdom...Are we teaching that you do what you feel is best for you, and God will go with you?
I have to say I'm saddened when I hear teens more burdened about their sick dog, than their lost relatives...I'm wondering what will happen when Christ comes to find that His children are jamming to the world's music, are fulfilling every lust imaginable, are playing silly games, are completely blending in with everyone else around them, and have completely forgotten about Him and the work He has set them on this earth to do!
 
If you are one with this attitude of "I don't need to change, I've done nothing wrong, I've got this... I know what I'm going to do....and God is okay with it." then you're probably not even reading this anymore, because you probably think I'm crazy... Well you're right, compared to the world..and even some "Christians" I am kinda crazy. But if you could only learn from someone else' mistakes... I had a teen say one time, when I said that very thing..
"Well maybe I want to learn from my own mistakes.."
Can I say this? God doesn't want you to learn from your own mistakes, He doesn't want to see you fall on your face, because you thought you could carry the weight of this old world on your weak shoulders...He finds no joy in seeing His child hurt and alone, battered and crushed.
Why do you think He put lesson, after lesson in the Bible for us of people's mistakes, of small and great giving way to their feelings, to their lust, to their own desires and plans? God showed us through men and woman how much pain and hurt, our own way can cost...
 
Take David, a Man after God's own heart...decided he would do what he wanted to do, take the girl he wanted to take, and completely ignored all the things God had taught him, completely forgot how God had used him, David ended up stealing another man's wife, killing her husband, and loosing a child, not to mention the grief, despair, heartache that came along with everything he did...not just in his life but in generations to follow. He affected so many people, because he gave way to his weakness, his wants, his lust.
 
Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
James 1:15
 
Read Psalm 51, to see David's heart repenting, and asking God for mercy to cover his sins which were ever before him.
 
Do you think David enjoyed learning from his own mistake?
Christian school kid, homeschool girl, Young lady raised in a Christian home out own her own now, Have you thought to ask God what He wants in your life? Have you examined where you are, what your doing, and even who you are building relationships with, to see if they match up with God's perfect plan for your life?
Hey! If you claim you're saved, you owe your life to Christ!
You are not your own, you're bought by His blood, You should be glorifying Him...
 
Same speech for the one who thinks they are dirt, and live in constant depression and doubt.. You have Christ in You! He died for you, now live for Him..not yourself!
I've said all this, and you may think I'm just preaching you down for wanting a good life, or for wanting a boyfriend, or fancy job, I just want you to know that our way could never compare to what He has for us!
I have learned this from my own mistakes of thinking I had my perfect way... But I didn't, and my plans and dreams were completely trash really compared to the treasures He has in store for me!!
Don't ever take control of your own life, no matter what the case...
 
Because Trust me, You don't Have this!
 
Go to God right now, and give Him complete control!! Why wait? Fall on your knees, and give Him your heart, your dreams, your desires, your struggles, your fears, make Him Your Everything! And let Christ take Control!
 
But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
1Corinthians2:9
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Love this! Thank you for sharing this thought that is so true! And I know it! But sure needed reminding! Truly, this year has been one of the best of my life which is probably why this past month has been so hard. But God is still in control and has my best interests at heart if I'll let Him lead. Thank you again and may His blessings fill your life! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Love the Christmas look of your blog! :)
    http://dixie-n-dottie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete