Should in-secure, doubting, and a worrier really be a label that belongs to a Christian?
I recently have been reading about different men of God and Godly ladies that were so secure in Christ, their lives were unbelievable... So different from Christians today. It made me so discontent with my present prayer life, and made me examine have I fully trusted in my God.
I don't want to be an average Christian of today, I don't want to waste my life struggling to find God's peace and will... I want to be what God intends all His children to be.
I want to fully rest in every promise He has given, I've started going through my bible finding, underlining, learning every promise He has... I want to rest in my Saviour every moment, every day and night. When we can do nothing else, when nothing really makes sense, when money is below zero, when health is failing, when hope is dimming, we must Trust!!!
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
Proverbs 3:5
Too many of us are still leaning on our own understanding, We are striving in our own strength to walk the Christian life...and we can not do it! God's word gives us the plain and simple truth of what we need to do, Simply Trust in the Lord not just with salvation, but in Everything!!! and with ALL thine heart!!!
Christian, we should never claim that we are insecure and therefore can not do what God wants us to do.... If we are saved, if we are bought by His precious blood, made a joint-heir of righteousness, a child of the King, then we should be secure in our Lord!
My dream is not that I will be some great Pastor's wife someday with a large church, or that I'll do something so wonderful it will be recorded in history....but my dream, my desire, is that I'll be found in His likeness, so filled with Christ that I am not seen, but He is glorified, that I will be a prayer-warrior and let God fight my battles, seen and unseen, my dream is that my God will use me..
Don't walk around knocking yourself, or beating yourself down, or worrying what tomorrow will bring, or what mistakes you will make, Aren't you really tired of living that way?....Remember You are His, and He is yours..and God makes NO mistakes!!!
I'm determined to rest in His promises...like my Sunday school kids say...
"God always Keeps His Promises"
In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;
Titus 1:2

This has been on my mind a lot in the past few months. Wonderful post! So encouraging! :)
ReplyDeleteThis is such a great post!' Oh if only we could realy grasp this truth in our Christian lives! Thank you!!! Love you
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for posting this! It was very much needed! :)
ReplyDeletehttp://dixie-n-dottie.blogspot.com/