I do believe I run into, meet, and somehow bother the funniest people...
My life has never been a complicated one, that is until the internet came into the picture...and of course cell phones, and stalkers add to the confusion and complexities of this crazy girl's life :p lol
But isn't it funny, I mean my goodness it really is.... How someone you don't even know could hate you, or how people could lie or twist things about you just because they want something you have, or they just don't like the way you part your hair, or that you may laugh or smile too much.
I honestly just laugh when someone tells me that someone blocked me on a social- media site, for stupid reasons, or for reasons I have no clue of....I mean I understand if someone is bullying, or harassing, or stalking someone...then by all means block away! And even I myself have hidden things that cause me to be depressed, or have bad thoughts, or just plain irritate me. And have had to "block" stalkers lol no lie, goodness when I was younger I didn't even need all that stress in my life, I couldn't handle it I would block you in a hot minute... But really I mean think about it, for us as Christians this is all sorta stupid don't ya think?
If you honestly have a problem with someone, then take it to the Lord... or if you feel the need, take it to the person and tell them what's going on. We as Christians need to grow up, and stop playing around even on Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and whatever else there is out there....
Our testimony is at stake, Preacher's are spending more time, twitting, updating, and blogging, then on their knees in prayer And out witnessing to the lost, Girls are wasting their precious time at home on some site comparing their lives with every other girl, or trying to stalk every girl the guy they're interested in is talking to in the moment.
Christians we say that we are being an example on the internet, that God could possibly use our testimony to witness to someone... Well then, how is our testimony truly coming across?
We should be so careful, with our pictures, our friends, our conversation, our language, Ladies our spirit....even on the internet we should watch our place. We still have no call to have authority over a man, or preach at them as if they were stupid and you know it all... I admit I sometimes have to read over what I'm about to say a million times, because God has convicted me over and over about this meek and quiet spirit thing...and yes it applies to internet as well. Not that you can't stand for anything, but there are some things we need to let the men stand for, and preach against! We need to remember new baby christians are watching us as well, so when we begin to complain and vent all our problems out for the world to see, or begin tearing down someone, think of what it's doing!!!
Sometimes it's really funny how we act on our phones and computers, but sometimes it's not, sometimes it could be seriously ruining the Name of our Lord Jesus!
I think it's time we all grow up, and start doing something to bring the Gospel to this world, start doing something that brings honor to Christ!
Those sites are not bringing us closer to God, they are drawing us away... Take a break from them if you can (they are very addicting lol), and like I saw somewhere get off Facebook, and get your face in the Book...the only book that really matters, God's word!
Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
Ephesians 4:29



Great post!! I have been thinking a lot on the matter a lot lately:)
ReplyDeleteVery good! The Lord's been dealing with me about this as well...bout sick of this whole facebook thing anyway! ;)
ReplyDeleteThis is such a super post, Rebekah - I needed that...thanks!!! Social media IS addicting and even in my own life I have seen how it can come between us and our relationship with the Saviour. Great encouragement for us all to use the internet wisely!
ReplyDeleteCould not agree with you more! Thanks so much for posting this! :)
ReplyDeletehttp://dixie-n-dottie.blogspot.com/