Saturday, February 16, 2013

Why Stand for the Bible?


Recently a lot of questions have been floating around, and I've actually had some people come to me with questions about why I believe, or stand on certain things.
Even though it seems to me I touch or harp on some of these things in almost all of my posts. I feel as though in a world that stands back in awe and wonder over our Christians lives, and the stand we take..they deserve to know the reason why I do what I do, wear what I wear, act like I act.. and why I may still stand for something, that even my friends have drifted from.
 
And Christians maybe this post is for you as well...
Maybe you have forgotten why you do what you do....
Maybe you have begun to question why you go to church..
why you live differently...
why you dress the way you dress...
what you're supposed to stand for..
 
Maybe your memory is a little foggy.
 
I'm not perfect, I'm still growing...but people often ask about me, and what I'm doing, and why?
But before I can explain all of that, you have to know the reason, the Main reason.
And that's...
~JESUS~
Basically everything good and wonderful about me is because of my Jesus... I am nothing without Him! Because of what my Lord has done for me, I want with all my heart to bring glory back to God in my life. That means, by my attitude, by my desires, by my dress, by my company I keep, by everything I do and say I want it to please God...I want to be so close to God, that I am identified with Him. People know I am not of this world, but I belong to a Heavenly one. Call me crazy, but I don't want to resemble this world in any way...I want to be as Christ-like as possible. I want to be found in Christ, hidden in Him. So Everything, absolutely everything I stand for, live for, I strive for it to be solely and completely for Christ!
 
Some Christians seem to have forgotten Who they are living for...because when they do supposedly "the right" things, their hearts are cold, their lives are distant and snobbish, and their testimony isn't very bright in a dark world. They might still be standing, but it's doing them no good.
  They forgot the heart and purpose of their stand.
 
So Here's just a few of the questions I get, and a few answers...
 
First and foremost, God's word... That's first because if you don't have that straight, then what do we base our life on? If we are not believing, living, mediating, and studying God's word. Then our stand will be weak, and man-centered. So the question I get..
 
Why not other versions,  What exactly is God's word, and why do you believe King James Only when it comes to the Bible?
 
I'm sure you've heard those questions, or maybe had some friends give you that weird look when you want no part of other versions, or you firmly stand on the fact that you hold the very word's of God in your hand! Or maybe when asked you don't know why you don't read other versions, and you don't know why your preacher is so "behind the times" and doesn't use the ASV or the NIV..or whatever his fancy is that day. Christian you better wake up, and realize what the devil is trying to do...
In today's compromising times, it is wise to get a clear definition of what preservation, and inspiration of God's word truly is.
 
As M.R. Dehaan said...

             Be on guard against any tampering with the Word, whether disguised as a search for truth, or a scholarly attempt at apparently hidden meanings; and beware of the confusion created by the senseless rash of new versions, translations, editions, and improvements upon the tried and tested Bible of our fathers and grandfathers.
 
How true, Satan wants to side-track us from God's true word..and give us a watered down, tampered with, slightly resembling the truth, version of God's Holy word. God places extreme value on His word, so should we take it lightly that someone changes it or takes away from it?
The Bible says...
 
 
 "Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him. Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar."
Proverbs 30:5-6
 
 
"Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you." 
Deut. 4:2
 
"For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book."
Rev. 22:18-19
 
Wow, God takes it pretty seriously...How can you read those verses and not realize the importance God has placed on His word? And the punishment of those that will add, and severe consequence of those who take away.
 
Satan has an all out attack on God's word, he has since the beginning of time...Remember in the garden, how he fooled Eve in to doubting God's word by twisting it to suit his purpose.
 
Even in the New Testament, the Devil tempted our Lord Jesus with God's word.. he even had the audacity of taking away from, altering God's word, subtracting what he didn't want, take a look.
 
"Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple, And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone." Matt.4:5-6
 
The Devil omitted the phrase "to keep thee in all thy ways,"  So boldly he changed the scripture, right before the very author of God's word. Other so called modern translations or versions of the bible, have taken lists of verses from the bible, have been"rewritten" by unbelieving scholars, and the devil has fooled generations into thinking that all versions are simply versions, and can not be called God's perfect word. The devil attacks God's word, by causing doubt, that is his main tool.  If we as Christians do not believe that we hold God's preserved, pure, holy, Word...then what can we base anything on? What can we even base our Gospel on, if we doubt the word?
 
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
The same was in the beginning with God.
  All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
John1:1-5
 
Why is it so wrong to stand for God's word, and be against any thing that would doubt or take away from it? Yes I believe the King James Bible is God's word translated for the English speaking people, I believe it is preserved for generation to generation! And I believe God wants you to stand, fight, and hold fast to the Living word.
 
So I base my salvation(it's where I find my Saviour, my Jesus and how He shed His blood and died for me, and now lives forever more showing me grace and mercy), my doctrine, my life, by faith on God's word.
 
Tomorrow I'll post the Second part of this... "Why live Differently"
 
signature2_zps7a361533


1 comment:

  1. Great post! Also II Timothy 3:16 "All scripture is given by inspiration of God..."
    http://dixie-n-dottie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete