I decided to step away from the series of blog posts I was doing, just to write some things on my heart right now. I had some pretty interesting comments on the last few posts, mostly positive but of course as in life with every positive the negative is soon to chime in ☺ lol
First I'd like to say I don't understand what's so wrong with letting a woman be a woman. Why does she constantly have to compete with a man, in dress, in work, in strength? In my posts on Dress, and Being a Lady, I tried to simply point out the great job a woman already has! God has given a woman the greatest job in the world, and it's not an easy one at that, she holds an inner strength, an ability to love when no one else can, an ability to care and nurture, to bear children, to raise the next generation, to boldly pray hedges of protection around so many. A woman's job is to be a woman, I can't for the life of me understand why so many think it's so wrong to want to be all those things, and be them to the fullest without trying to do the man's job in this life.
What's so wrong with being a Homemaker? Even woman who do choose to stay at home, and their husbands work outside the home, seem to try and hide the fact or be ashamed because they are not lawyers, or out putting out fires, or teaching in a college somewhere. This world is so mixed up, they've put down, and minimized a woman's value to how great her career is or how high her education goes.
Even in the Christian world, sometimes we expect our wives and mothers to take on a career and not focus solely on her husband and children, I think it's time we get back to putting things in their rightful place.
I am not knocking you if you are a woman and work a job, or have chosen a career as your main drive in life. I'm just trying to wrap my brain around the fact that women are so against God's natural order, and the mess we girls have gotten our selves in trying to do not only a woman's job, but everyone else' too.
I'm not even sure why I chose to post this, maybe a comment fired me up, or maybe I've just been watching too many Leave it to Beaver's lol ☺
I honestly do wish some of us ladies would boldly stand up and be ladies, without hesitation! Not just in our dress, but in our attitude, in the way we think, in the way we carry ourselves, take care of our bodies, the way we manage our homes, the way we treat our brothers in Christ. Goodness if some of us girls, started refusing to be the man, and started embracing being a woman, this world may turn upside down!
And listen, in today's world we need that... because in the world there is no difference, the men look like girls, and the girls look like boys. It's scary, to walk past a "person" and not sure if it's a man or woman giving you the eye (shudddders)!! So all the more reason to be as FEMININE as possible!
My hair is down my back, not only because I love long hair, but because I believe the bible says a woman should have long hair, it's her glory! Why would I want to shave my glory off, and purposely look like a guy??
I dress modestly because I do not want to attract attention to certain parts of my body, my worth is not found there, I'm supposed to attract people to look at my countenance, to my personality, to see who I am... I do not want my dress, to be the reason some man falls or cause them to sin, or show off things that are supposed to be saved for my future husband and him alone. I also do not want my dress to be determined by what the world says is cool, or in. I want it to be approved by God, not Seventeen Magazine.
I still have to do a mirror check, or ask for advice on some of my clothes just to be on the safe side, because sometimes I may not see what others do.
I do not have a college education, simply because I do not want a career... I want to be a homemaker, a wife and mother. I teach piano lessons to pay my bills, while I am still single. And if I ever need to help out in the future, I can always teach from my home. I have friends that have gone to college, and I do not judge them for that, I am only responsible for what God wants in my life. And I have never felt him leading me to go anywhere, and the door has never opened. I know that I am still learning, oh am I learning, my music could still use so much improving even after 16 years of lessons and playing. And maybe if I had of gone to some Christian college, I wouldn't have learned some of life's harder lessons so quickly. But I believe God has done a work in me, that I can't even explain, and maybe if I had of chosen another path I would have missed out on His sweet touch of mercy, and an over-abundant supply of grace!
I realize only a small portion of the world may agree with me on this, but I know quite a few that do. I'm sorry if my posts have bothered anyone or do not make sense. But I do believe these are things God has shown me in my life. I know I have been sorta harsh on the some of you ladies, and I could just say dress how you want, do what you want, the problem is with the men, they're just pigs. But I can't say that any more, I used to be very cynical toward men (I've known a few that deserved it) But now I know that they are not all pigs lol, or fakes, or players, or wanna-be's, some are good men, men that need ladies to be Godly ladies and be helpers as we walk together. It's our job ladies to be what we ought to be in the sight of God, and give the men their jobs back. Start praying for them, instead of tearing them apart!!
You see, the more of a woman we are, the more of a man they will be..
We have a lot to do, so let's stop trying to figure out ways to change God's design and get busy enjoying and being the essence of His divine plan!!
*And for those of you who do work outside the home, have no other choice, or are working for the future to stay at home. This post is not against you! And while you are working, just please keep your home the main focus! Just wanted to make that clear...



Thanks for a great post Rebekah! It is definitely needed in this world!
ReplyDelete~Sarah
AMEN, AMEN, AMEN!!! Oh, and for the record, college (yes, even a Christian one) is over-rated! This, by far, is my most favorite post of yours!
ReplyDelete~Mrs. Taylor
Welcome Back! Great post! This year for Bible school I'm teaching on femininity!
ReplyDeletehttp://dixie-n-dottie.blogspot.com/
I was actually so excited to hear about your series! Hope you'll have that up soon.
ReplyDeletePlease don't marvel too much about how "women are so against God's natural order" as you wrote above.
Though your observation of this fact is perfectly straight on, it is all written in the Word of God! In Genesis 3:16, it was all the result of sin, and Eve was the first woman to experience this curse. Woman's sorrow was multiplied, even her conception, she would have a painful time bringing forth (delivering as well as raising) her children and her desire will be for her husband (her focus would be more on the masculine aspect) and he shall rule over her (which means the Lord will never bless nor allow her to be his ruler regardless of how much she tries or does, so it would always be considered a sin for her to do it)
.
That all being said, we praise the LORD who has given us JESUS, and that only by HIM is the curse broken!!! Not to all of a sudden remove these words from existence, He came to fulfill the Word of God, but gives GRACE that we may be restored, refreshed, healed from our wounds and as women now we can look to HIM to see whom He originally intended us to be and therefore we learn to love being feminine and gentle and influential when we realize the great things He designed us for.
Unfortunately, those who have not received God's Grace cannot understand this, so they mock or ridicule or attack this idea. Also there are those who received forgiveness from Jesus yet have not yet gone to Him to receive more: hence to grow in Him and find their true identity as a woman in Christ.
I encourage us all to not become defensive but to see them where they are each in their spiritual walk and realize the need they have. We also are still treading and walking as you know in the narrow way where very very few join us! But let us go on forth with singing and joy, knowing we have a Hope that will never shame nor fail us in the end! And let us love them, for love suffers long and is kind.
Keep smiling Rebekah! God has even greater things for you, which is why the enemy keeps on targeting you. But Greater is He Who is in you! Why? Because He is LOVE and Love is the Greatest as it says in 1 Corin. 13:13. So keep on loving all of them readers whomever they are, you'll resist the enemy and he will flee from you --even from your blog! :)
Love this post!:) True in every aspect:)
ReplyDelete~Rebecca
I'm in college and a lot of Christian friends criticize me for not wanting to be a homemaker and wanting to start a career instead. But homemaking is just not for me!
ReplyDelete