Friday, May 13, 2011

Don't Forget Them!

We so often Forget those little eyes that are watching us. Those little lives that we are affecting every single day. I know I have forgotten time and again how much my choices and decisions can affect a little life.

When we make a choice in our life, and think that it only affects us, and no one around us.....We are wrong!! Little eyes are watching, and they could see Christ and His love in us,the right way to go, the happy way to live, or they could see the wrong choices, the wrong attitude, or the wrong way to live.

It could be a little overwhelming to think about, But that's not really my point of this post...
Our bad choices, will always affect someone else someone we may not even realize is there until after we blow it. But Our good choices...they're watching them too!
So I have seen the way my bad has damaged and hurt people, but praise God I have seen where some of my good choices have affected people, and what an encouragement it is to see!!

I guess I've kinda woke up of late, and have tried to pay more attention to those little ever watching eyes. Like our teen girls in our church, I'm trying to make it a point to show them how Happy the Christian life is, trying constantly to be an encouragement, keep them in my prayers, and show them that with Christ you can be different, you can break whatever chain may bind your family, and I just really want to show them that you can dress to please God, you can stay pure, you can marry right, you can serve God with a happy heart....and You can be what God wants you to be!!

God is so Good, He has shown me that doing right and purposing in my heart to Honor God and stick with His plan for my life, He can use me to help other young people do the same thing.
There is one young lady in our church that the Lord has put in my life, she has rode our bus since she was 4 years old and now she is 13. She has become a big part of my life, I have been so encouraged by her desire to be different. She is growing, she is coming to church faithfully now on Sunday nights and Wednesday nights, she is so sweet and she told me the other day she wants to spend more and more time with me and my family. She has started dressing like me and my sisters, and her faithfulness has encouraged the other teen girls to come back on Sunday nights, and to wear their church clothes again.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that, keep on doing right, keep on dressing like you feel God would have you dress, keep on being the kind of example you need to be, and maybe God will bless you by showing you how it's affecting someone else, like He did me recently...But if He doesn't, keep on anyway, keep doing right, because just to know that God in Heaven is watching should be enough...
and then in Heaven you'll look around and see those little eyes looking at you,
who were watching all along!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for posting this Rebekah! I needed this right when I read it...and God knew that! I was thinking just a little while ago, do I really need to go on bus visitation tomorrow?? Will it really matter if I don't??
    And then I read your post and you're so right! Those little eyes are watching me and if I don't show up at their houses tomorrow [bearing candy :D] they'll see that and it WILL affect them in some way.
    Thank you so much for obeying God by posting this! He just used you in a big way!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God, I was wondering if I even made sense, thank you for that comment, such an encouragement!! I'm glad God used my ramblings, and I'm glad you went on Bus visitation. I know how sometimes it can be really discouraging thinking you are not really doing anything, but I bet your consistency and faithfulness and candy ;) means alot to those kids, keep praying for them, and doing what your doing!! and God will bless you!!
    Thanks again for your comment!! Blessings to you and your Bk's :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saludos cordiales.
    Rebeca.

    Dios Te Bendiga.
    Dios siga llenando con Su misericordia tu vida.

    Atentamente
    Erick Bojorque

    ReplyDelete