Sunday, August 5, 2012

Been One of those Weeks?


Ever had one of those weeks, where everything seems to fall apart, grind your gears, and go wrong.
Or you feel like all your hard work, love and effort has just been ignored tossed to the side, deemed unimportant? And no matter how hard you try you still feel like getting in your car, pointing it North, South, East or West and driving till you are clear out of town just for no reason at all??

Maybe I'm the only one... but I kinda doubt it. I guess we all have those weeks or days sometimes right?
Well I'll admit this past week has been a dooosy, nothing too traumatic has occurred....but just things in my heart have been off, something not quite right. I've fought jealousy, bitterness, depression, dis-contentment (bigtime) and selfishness for the past few days(all of which are sins that God can help you with). My attitude wasn't right...and why was my attitude not right...because my heart wasn't right. Attitude is the aroma of your heart, ya got a bad attitude than your heart's not right. Right?

I knew the attitude I was taking, that was bringing me so down inside was a loosing attitude.
I've been walking around so defeated, as if God didn't care about me, as if God didn't know my address, my name, my very most inner being, every thought, every longing, as if my Heavenly Father didn't love me. I was doubting Him! The God of the Universe....I mean how dumb do we sound we say I struggle with doubts, I struggle with discouragement, I doubt God will take care of this for me.... Why do we even do that?

Me walking around defeated, and depressed because I don't think God is working in my life, or that I'm so unworthy why would He choose to do a miracle in my life....
(We are all unworthy of God's amazing grace and love.... but I heard a great man of God say once a Christian that lives in remorse, constantly walking around saying,"I'm unworthy, I'm nothing, I don't deserve to live..." is defeated and can't come boldly before the throne of God, can not live the happy life a Christian should live) Yes I am unworthy, oohh so unworthy of His goodness, and His mercy... You really have no idea. And I'll never stop giving Him the Glory!!
But Jesus doesn't want me to dwell in the guilt of my past sins,
or let them stop me from living for Him!
Me walking around like that, with such a defeated forlorn outlook will never bring Glory to my Jesus...it's only focusing on myself. It's selfish.... I'm not thinking about how good God's been, or what He's done for me, or what He could do for me... I'm thinking of me, myself, and I.
What I've done, What I haven't done, what I see around me...bla bla bla.. me.

Honestly, think about it when you're down and out... and thinking about all your problems" how no body could ever love me, I always mess everything up, to me it doesn't look like God is working, to me it's all wrong, How can I trust anyone, I've seen God work but it's different with me.. I... I....I."

One word. Selfish.
Maybe if we get our eyes off our own happiness, and started focusing on someone else' we would soon discover our own. If that makes since... God doesn't want His children to live such defeated lives, He has called us out of the bondage of sin and despair, He has placed us on the winning side. Last night I poured my heart out to God, I know He must get tired of me coming to Him with the same old things, but I know He doesn't cause He loves me, and once again He took me in His arms and assured me of His protection, of His love, power, guidance and of His forgiveness. Wow He is so good to me, and this morning, guess what my attitude was better, and I could smile even when a little boy tripped me in my Sunday school class lol, and the salsa for the chips and salsa in children's church exploded all our my legs and my sisters dress, when a kid was trying to help open the jar lol....My heart was still happy in the Lord, and content in Him!
So really no matter what our week looks like we should determine to focus in our hearts on things above, on the fact that no matter what we see, if we are on God's side...we are on the winning side.

Get your eyes off men, off the world, off yourself, and get them back on Jesus.


Here's one of my favorite songs, sung by one of my favorite men of God... On the way home today after all my kids were dropped off, I drove my "blue darling" home from church....with Bro.Curtis Hutson singing I'm on the winning side(while he was dieing of cancer)....full blast and of course me singing along ☺  God is good ya'll, and were on the winning side, don't forget it!!! 

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to thank you! Your blog is a blessing to me i am alway trying to get on and see if you posts anything new!! Keep looking up! Don't quit! God bless you in all that you do!!!
    Catherine K.

    ReplyDelete