
Last night I stumbled upon my old blog... It wasn't so long ago but looking at it so much has changed since I started it. I was so young in the pictures, (with a serious lack of lipstick and eye makeup I'll say lol) and You could see the trust I had, the innocence.. old friends that are gone now, friends that used to blog about waiting for God's best and have now sadly fell for a cheap counterfeit. First comments I shrilled with excitement over.... Best friends that have married and seem to have gone their way. Songs I posted back then....mean something totally different to me now. Of course I cried.... and realized that even though 18 was only 3 years ago, I feel 10 years older. My heart has been through so much, God has shown me so much. Respect, Love, God's will, People, Church, Life in general I perceive so differently. I look in the mirror now, and see someone else.
Someone that God has pulled out of many a mess, Someone that when I sing God is my refuge, Under the Blood, and My Father Planned it All... I truly know the meaning of those sweet words. Someone that no longer has a longggg list of requirements for my prince charming, but simply prays if it be God's will for a man of God that loves the Lord will all his heart, soul, and might, Who will seek the approval of my Heavenly Father and my earthly father before pursuing my heart. I see someone who just wants to serve the Lord because He is so good! Someone that struggles with fear, fear of trusting someone too much and being hurt, fear of taking the wrong path, fear of not being all God wants me to be. I now daily wake to the question, "Am I in God's will? His perfect plan? Am I what God wants me to be?" Someone that is learning to really trust God, and only look to Him...
My life is a closed book now, every page is a complete mystery..no, more like every sentence to the next is like walking through the red sea as God parts it little by little. The girl that was so sure of herself..haha now the only thing I am completely sure of is that Jesus loved and saved me, now I owe Him my life.
It's sad to look back and think about how everyone has grown up, and changed..and see that young happy care-free look kind of fade in your eyes. I know I'm not ancient yet, but you know what I mean... ☺ But there is one thing I thought about through the midst of the tears of reflecting back. I can give God the Glory for all He"s done through the past 3 years, He took my blunders and made them wonders, He took my broken heart and mended it again and again and made it more tender and merciful to others broken hearts. My Jesus is so much more precious to me, I love Him more and more each day!!!! I can't say it enough, God proves to me everyday, every moment that He is good... And even though a lot has changed behind this face, and my heart, dreams, and desires are ever-changing God hasn't changed a bit! He is still faithful and true, yesterday, today, and forever!
Do you remember when you were drowning in sea of sin?
Going down for the last time, when you called upon His name..
He reached down His nail-scared hand, and lifted you out.
So remember where you were back then, and thank Him for where you are now.
Give Him the glory, for what He's done in your heart.
He took you from sin and strife, and gave a new start..
He took your broken life and made you complete.
So lift up your crowns of Glory and cast them at the Savior's feet!
Do you remember when with all your heart you longed to serve Him?
But you didn't think that Jesus could use someone like you.
Now look how He's used your life since He brought you out..
Then remember where you were back then, and thank Him for where you are now.
Give Him the glory, for what He's done in your heart.
He took you from sin and strife, and gave a new start..
He took your broken life and made you complete.
So lift up your crowns of Glory and cast them at the Savior's feet!
But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord. 2 Corinthians 3:18

This is a great post. It's amazing to look back at where we once were to where we are now in the Lord. Thank the Lord for His grace.
ReplyDeleteLove it, Miss Rebekah. It brought me to tears just thinking of how evident God's grace has been to me in the last few years...the last few months even! Thanks for sharing, dear! :)
ReplyDeleteRebekah, great post. We have all changed. Oh, the things we have learned as individuals and as a family. Oh, the Lord is so good, so very good. As I type this He's holding on to me is playing on your playlist. As the years have passed, oh how much He has shown us that He is holding onto us! I love you! Keep serving Him!
ReplyDeleteI feel the same way about my life Rebecca! You write beautifully!
ReplyDeleteAmen, Rebekah! Keep surrendering every day, it only gets sweeter. :) Such a blessing and encouragement to watch your love for the Lord only grow more and more. :)
ReplyDeleteas I read your post, I could see myself. Time flies by so fast, but when I stop and reflect on the past year, 3 years, 5 or more, it amazes me what God has done in my life! To Him be ALL the glory! He has blessed me over and over. thanks for a heart for our Lord.
ReplyDeleteThis is a great post!! It's amazing to look back at where we once were and to look where we are now!! And see how good God has been to us all!!! Thanks for sharing! God Bless you! Keep looking up and don't quit!!!
ReplyDeleteCatherine K