Jesus went unto the mount of Olives.
2 And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them.
3 And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,
4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.
5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?
6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.
7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.
9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.
10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?
11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.
12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.
Am I a stone thrower or a grace giver?
That's a question we should all ask our selves from time to time.
I've really been examining my heart lately on this very subject, because sometimes we forget that we are not without sin, we forget that we are in need of grace, we forget what it was like to be accused and stand guilty before the stone throwers...
In John chapter 8, Jesus shows us the true meaning of being a grace giver. I love reading this part of the Bible, because it blesses my heart!! There stands this woman, who has indeed sinned, apparently has been caught in the act, and is being accused by angry men.. the law is against her, no one is standing with her, she knows she has no excuses for what she has done. But then there is Jesus, who simply bends down and writes in the sand before her accusers, many have wondered what He may have wrote, maybe the sins of those around him, the Bible doesn't tell us, but then He convicts the angry men by showing them they have all sinned, and deserve the same punishment of the woman...leaving not one stone thrower in the crowd. What that woman must have thought, or felt when she lifted her eyes to see her Saviour. I'm pretty sure she listened and for the rest of her life tried to obey Jesus and not live that life of sin anymore!!
I was that woman, I deserved to die, was caught in my sin, and I needed grace more than anything!! I had no hope, and Satan my accuser, was pointing out all I had done...
But Jesus bent down and showed me grace and mercy over and abundantly, He picked me up and forgave me, and told me to go my way and sin no more!!!
How I can I walk through this world accusing, and throwing rocks, showing little grace and never bending down to help another.. after Jesus being so merciful to me, I am determined to be a grace giver!! Not condoning sin, but realizing I'm just a sinner saved by amazing grace and I want to show others what Christ showed me!! When someone is treating us wrong, or when they are not living for God, or when they fall in sin.. We need to start praying for them, instead of tearing them down to our friends, God has really shown me that!!
This week join me in dropping the stones, and giving more grace and more grace and MORE after that!!!!


Great post! Something that we should never forget! My Dad preached a sermon on this same text a couple of years ago titled,"What Are You Bringing to Church?". I have to remind myself, even at Church, not to "cast stones". Thanks for the reminder!
ReplyDelete