In 1Kings chapter 3, the bible tells us of an event that truly shows us the wisdom of Solomon. It spread abroad and people marveled over his great wisdom, wisdom given by God. Mama told this story to the kids at church a few weeks ago, and something really stuck out to me and I wanted to share.
Two harlots come before king Solomon with a big problem.. they were apparently living in the same house, and both had a baby around the same age, but sadly during the night one of the women turned over and smothered her little baby. So she decided to switch babies, and give the other lady her dead baby. The king was called upon to declare who was the real mother of the living baby...
In his wisdom he called for a sword and was going to spilt the baby in half so both of the women would have the baby, Suddenly the REAL mother was proven, because the woman who was willing to give up her child to someone else rather than see it harmed was a true mother...
This left me thinking, A True mother would never kill, or hurt, or abort her baby..
She would rather give it up, if neccesary then to erase such a precious gift.
This woman was not the best mom, the bible says she was a harlot, but she still recognized the value of her little ones life.
I will never understand how a woman can carry a life inside her, her own child, some amazing little soul God has created inside her and take and destroy its life. Even if you feel like you cant raise this child, there are woman all over the world begging to be mothers that would gladly adopt the precious baby!
I am not a mother yet, and I'm not sure how great of a mama I'll be... but I know the love I'll feel for my child will be beyond what I ever could imagine.
Mothers, be a true mother.. ignore the world's philosophy of it's all about you, your body, and your life. If God has blessed you with a child, no matter what the circumstance, that child is a gift from Heaven and deserves protecting, and deserves a right to live and grow as God planned!!!
Solomon had wisdom to choose the baby's real mother, May God give us ladies the wisdom to be what God made us to be, sacrificing, careing, loving, nurturing, protecting,our own babies, and those children who's mothers listened to the world and have no one at all!!
Just a thought, Life is precious and a gift! Lets protect it!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment