I wanted to do a little post just to encourage you unmarried ladies out there. I know I haven't been married long, just going on 6 months now, but I wanted to share a few things I learned before, during, and after the dating/courtship period of me and my wonderful Jason's relationship.
I titled the post True Love Still Waits, it seems like it's an unheard of act now. You are probably thinking no one waits these days for anything. But I want to encourage you it's not an impossible thing!!!
I'm very happy to say that me and my husband saved ourselves for eachother and we're both pure when we stood at the alter, I am also so happy I can say that I gave my husband my first kiss, and all my kisses will forever belong to him! But sadly I still did many things I regret before I was married.. and if it had not been for my protecting parents, and some sound advice, and a God in Heaven that loved me and protected me, I would have given my kiss away, or more!
Me and my husband have talked about and thanked God many times for saving us from relationships that would have gotten us into trouble, we also thank God we made it to our wedding day without doing things before it was right!
God gave me a wonderful strong man, who waited for a long time just to meet me, he would have never put me in a position that would have brought shame on me, he respected me, and the rules we both put into place.
I know sometimes there are pressures put on guys, maybe more so than girls.. but a real man who loves God and you would never ask you to lower your boundaries, or bring any shame to you! He would put you before his own wants!
To the girl who is still waiting, remember if you are serving God and looking to Him, He knows your heart and desire. I know good, godly men are rare.. but your man may be thinking the same thing about good, godly girls.. mine was!
Dont give up hope, and dont settle!!!!!
Before my sweet Jason, I had a line of duds to pick from.. some I even found out later would have gotten me into trouble, and some would still be stringing me along and I wouldn't even know where I stood with them! I knew in my heart I could never be happy with those guys, but a girl has a way of talking herself into anyone that shows her a little love and attention.
God never asked us to settle for anything, He wants to bless us beyond what we could ever pray for!!!
Never settle for someone with a weaker standard, spiritual life, or who is struggling hard with a big sin (drugs, pornography, drinking, abusive temper, ect.) They will not change for you, only God can help them and He doesnt need you to do it.
Waiting is hard, and you may have to step out of your own little bubble to meet new people, and look guys in the eye, and smile :)
Dont give up hope, God is working behind the scenes just keep praying for your future mate, he needs it.. he may have a line of duds too.
To the girl in the dating/courting period,
Remember set your boundaries!
You may not save your first kiss, or holding hands with your husband.. but still every girl should respect her self enough to set boundary lines in your relationship!
If you are dating a guy that claims he loves you(true love is only proven over time) then any rule or line you draw in the physical part of your relationship should never be crossed. You dont prove your love to him in that way, he proves his love for you in not asking for that from you!
It's hard I know at times, especially if you are saving everything. Because the more you love your man the more you want to kiss and love on him :)
But trust me, its worth the wait!
Enjoy being best friends with your guy, Too many times I was ready for the next step in our relationship. I had to tell myself all the time enjoy where you are right now! It wasnt hard I just loved being with my prince.. but us girls have a constant planning mode in our brain, when will he propose, what will our house look like, how many children will we have (all in the first week of courting lol)
So thats my advice to you, set boundaries and dont weaken, you'll never regret it, be his best friend enjoy just being with him and getting to know his likes and dislikes, take this time too to get closer to God together. Me and my honey read our bibles through during our whole courtship, it was fun reading the same verses everyday and talking about it that night!
Where ever you are, remember True Love really does still wait!
Dont ever give in to the lie from the devil that it doesnt! The devil only knows of cheap, ending, and false love!
I almost gave up several times, thinking true love was a dieing cause.. but praise God even through my doubts and unbelief, He gave me a man I could not live without! A man that loves me, provides for me, takes such care of me, I love watching him, when he smiles, or sings(he sings all the time) or when he prays I'm so thankful for a man that will pray with me, even randomly during the day or night if I'm scared or worried about something he will stop everything and pray with me!! God has given me a man that far beyond what I dreamed or prayed for!!
I wish I had been more patient, I wished I had just busied myself and waited for my prince, but I am thankful that God helped me see and protected me and my husband so that we could love with no real regrets!
If you want True Love.. remember it still waits! No one said it would be easy, but it is worth it!!!
Psalm 62:5
My soul wait thou only upon God; for my expectations is from him.
Psalm 27:14
Wait on the Lord:be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.




Rebekah,
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing your thoughts! I always enjoy reason posts like this during my "waiting time" ;). This one was very encouraging!
~Sarah
Great post! Thank you so much for the awesome advice! I hope you check out my blog and follow it by email, and leave a comment, if you wish.
ReplyDeleteGod bless you!
~Ashley
creatingpreciousmoments.blogspot.com
This is my blog. :)
What an encouraging post for young ladies! I wished that I had friends like you when I was a young lady. Your story is a blessing. You should post it on some weekly link ups like Raising Homemakers. There are many young ladies that could be encouraged by your testimony!
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Suzanne
www.notquitedonnareed.com