Yayyy! I'm back, finally I'm able to sit at a computer and type a blog post!!
So you may be seeing a little more of me now that I have internet and a computer :) I've been thinking for a while what my first post should be about, I've had so many ideas running thru my head.... "Am I really ready for married life?" "Am I in the right relationship?" "Learning in Silence" "Examine what?" and "Real life is so much better.." So you will probably be seeing these post titles coming up soon, they are all in my brain just waiting to come out lol
Today I think I'll start with "Am I Really Ready For Married Life?" I asked myself that question a few times before I was ever married... Even tho my dreams were all coming true, God had answered my prayer in giving me a loving, godly, sweet, handsome young man, who loved me far more than I ever deserved to be loved ( and trust me if God gives you that don't waste it or take it for granted! take it and enjoy it or someone else will) even tho I was super happy, I had this fear that maybe I wasn't ready for the responsiblity, the cooking, the housekeeping, the problems or obstacles we may face, I wasn't sure even tho I was knocking 24 lol if I was mature enough to be a "wife" Me..a wife... lol it even still feels a little funny to write Mrs. hehe
When my daddy asked me (around the time my husband asked for my hand in marriage) if I was ready to be married, I told him the truth... I don't know if I'll ever be ready, I won't know until I'm doing it, God will give me the grace and strength and what I need when the time comes! And He did!
I could cook (enough to make a weeks meals lol) and clean, I loved my Jason so much, I knew he was the one God had made just for me, but I wasn't ready to be married until the day I took my husbands hand and he put the ring on my finger, I said, "I do!" and we walked down the aisle as Mr. & Mrs. then I knew I was ready to face anything with God and my husband!
Life is like that I guess, God only gives you grace when it's time, even now being married for almost 9 months I can't comprehend how I have done some of the things I thought I could never do, I never thought I'd be able to make my own little home "homey" but it feels just that whenever I'm in it! I never thought I could make a man happy just by making his favorite meal and meeting him at the door with a smile... I never thought I had the patience or the "sweetness" to take care of someone when they are like a zombie from working too hard or when they are sick. But really all those things have just come..
I find myself looking into the future and worrying... will I be a good mother, will I be able to raise a child to love God and serve others, will I be able to even have children in the future?? But the same answer aplies here, God will give me the grace and what I need only when that time comes!
So if you are holding back from a relationship you know God has put into place in your life, because you fear you will never be ready for all that it holds... Have faith! God will give you exactly what you need, when you need it! If He has given you a special someone, and there is nothing holding you back, then trust God and go for it!! You'll never regret it, spending the rest of your life with someone that loves God, and you, is like the next best blessing after salvation! You will never truly be ready for something until you step out of your shell and do it!
I'm not sure if this would help anyone, but it's just the first of unloading lol Not all my posts are going to be on marriage, and relationships, but that is my life at the moment so bear with me! Until next time blog world :)
Carson - "I Wanna Be That Man"
1 year ago


No comments:
Post a Comment