Growing up with 3 sisters I rarely remember a quiet moment....even when we took naps there was the occasional whistle or snore lol...Our house always had some sort of conversation going on, or random singing, or laughing, or even a cat fight or too. We constantly had something going on, and even while we ate or cleaned we talked about the Lord, or church, or the latest drama of our house!
Never a dull moment that's for sure... I never realized how quiet a house could be, until that first day of true married life began, when my husband went to work and it was 6:30 in the morning and not a peep was heard. It seemed like every little creek and noise was extra loud, and that surely there was some kind of animal living in the attic!!! haha
Sometimes it seems like 7:45 will never come!!! And time seems to move so slow...
Here's a few things I learned those first weeks and months in my silent house.
The Lord is with me Always...
I've never been a very independent person, never been one to be on my own and I always liked being in a group or having my sisters, parents, and husband as sort of a body guard or protection around me lol (I do think in this day and time it's wise for ladies to go places with someone else, or at least be careful when she is alone) I never answered the door at home, and I hate shopping by myself!!
But after being afraid every noise was a thief about to break in or some kind of creepy crawly.. I finally realized I was being a complete scaredy cat, and that God was with me, and He is my refuge and strength!!! Nothing can touch me, that doesn't go through Him first...How silly I was being, and after all God had done for me, to think that He wasn't going to protect me!!!
My husband had given me a safe home, in a quiet neighborhood, but most importantly Jesus is always with me... And He is what I need, He casts out fear!!
Talking out loud to the Lord isn't crazy...
Being alone in a house for hours is actually a wonderful thing to build up your prayer life...
I rarely turn on my tv to watch a dvd while I'm home by myself, and even tho I have my computer now I don't get on it much until late in the day... so while I'm cleaning, folding clothes, ironing, doing laundry, fixing supper, getting ready to go somewhere, I can talk to my Lord. Now if someone heard me sometimes they would probably think,"This girl is crazy".. talking to herself... but I'm not, I'm praying!! and I feel like I pray more about everything now that I can pray out loud more!!
Sometimes being alone the devil will try to get you all depressed or down or have you thinking on things you shouldn't be thinking on, but how can your mind be where it shouldn't be if it's praying without ceasing!
Just give me Music...
Sometimes in a silent house you just need music!! God loves music, and singing, so I think He wants us to always have a heart full of music! Sometimes it's hard to listen to music in my house because for some reason every time I try to listen to a radio link or app it buffers which is irritating lol.. So sometimes I just sit down and play my piano and sing, very loudly sometimes lol... I have cried so many times doing this because God will speak to my heart through a song while I'm singing it, and I'll have my own little mini revival, where God will show me what He has brought me through and what He has done in my life!!
Music is so important, and so needed!! In a silent home, it drives out all the creeks, and ooky feelings, it keeps the lonely and depressing thoughts away, and makes time go by a little faster!
Learning to be thankful for loved ones...
Being alone in my quiet little white house with blue shudders and red door...has taught me this too, to be very thankful for my family, my friends, and my sweet husband!!! It makes me want my husband to come home super quick each night, just so I can hear his voice and kiss him and hug him again!!! It makes me so thankful for all the years at home with my family, and that I live so close to them that I get to go shopping and out to lunch with them all the time!!
I know so many woman live in a silent home, and have no husband coming home to them anymore, they have no one to wake up beside, or laugh and talk with, their silence never ends... I don't even truly know what a silent home is like, because mine is only temporary!
I thank God that He has given me so many people in my life to fill the silence, with good times and memories, and that's one thing a silent house has taught me.. to cherish and enjoy the time I have with my loved ones, because one day I may be all alone for not just a few hours.. and how special and so much more wonderful being with my husband and family feel now!! I've taken it for granted.. how wonderful it truly is!!
Being in a silent house isn't so bad, when you remember these things!! Fill your silence with prayers, praise, and thankfulness!!! I promise it will help!!!


Great post! Thanks for the encouragement! Love u!
ReplyDeleteI love this post!!!! There is so much truth in it! I am entering the quite house time of my life and I will remember this advice. Love you!!!
ReplyDelete