Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Why I Wear Lipstick at Home


Why do you wear lipstick and makeup at home?

Why do you always fix your hair?

Are you going somewhere fancy today?

Do you have a date?

I can't tell you how many times I've heard these questions, They seem to be shocked that I take the time to curl my hair, or fix my face just to go to Walmart!!
I may be wearing a jean skirt and just a plain shirt, with jewelry of course, but I'm dressed up to most everyone I see.
Why do I? Let's see...

First of all...
Femininity is a dying cause...
Woman have completely left every ounce of their womanhood, and feminine ways.. and I hate it!!
I'm a woman, and a Southern woman at that and I refuse to look like I have been thrown away, or I just don't care no matter where I go!!
I am a lady, and as a lady I'm supposed to walk different, talk different, dress different, smell different, and be completely different from a man!!

Secondly...
I'm a child of God!
All the more reason to look like a princess! No I don't mean walk around with tiara and expect everyone to kiss my feet and act like the world's beneath me! But I am God's princess, and I'm supposed to be different from the world. The world already has a bad idea of modesty and they assume we are all crazy Amish people, we need to show them that dressing for Jesus is not degrading or making yourself ugly, but taking care of yourself and dressing our best, always puts modesty and Christians in a better light!
As a Christian woman, I should be fully embracing my womanhood, by wearing things that are pretty and feminine. By making sure my hair is clean and fixed, by looking decent and ladylike where ever I go...Because I don't know about you, but around here people know me and they know where I go to church, and they know Who I serve.. and I want to reflect God's goodness, not a sloppy, I don't care if I look like trash kind of living.

Thirdly...
My Husband deserves a somewhat pretty wife lol
I'm not saying my husband has won the prize and has a super gorgeous wife, I'm saying he deserves to come home to something more than a messy bun and lounge pjs!!!
I mean I have my ugly moments of acne and bad hair days where I wish I could just hide my head so my husband wouldn't have to look at me lol!! But I really do wear makeup, eye makeup, lipstick, perfume and all when I'm at home, and I "fluff" and curl my hair before my husband comes home so that I can greet him looking all pretty!!
I know that may change a little after I have children, but I still want to always make myself somewhat attractive for him when he comes home!
When you get married don't let yourself go, and forget what guys like in girls.. Maybe one of the reasons your husband fell in love with you is how sweet you smelled when you were dating, and how you curled your hair, or how pretty your eyes were when you wore a certain eye shadow. Hey! Don't stop doing all those things because you see him everyday now, he still needs to fall for those things!!
My husband is so sweet, he thinks I'm beautiful no matter what(even when I know I am not)... but I love when he comes home and tells me I look nice, or smell pretty lol
So I dress up and take care of myself for my husband as well, I don't want my husband to be ashamed of me in public, I want him to feel proud to introduce me to others, I don't want him to come home after a long day and see me like.. I don't even care how I look!

And Fourthly...
I feel better about myself when I'm somewhat flossy..
Yes it's true, as shallow as it may be, I feel a whole lot better when I fix myself up! Just some eyeliner, lipstick and even when I paint my nails lifts my spirits and makes me feel pretty and girly!
I could have a horrible breakout, and my hair wont do right, and I feel like an awkward 14 year old.. but taking the time to do my makeup and hair, and dressing up a little more than usual and suddenly I feel like a lady again!

Truly as a woman we need to take a little time to do these things for ourselves!! Woman are slowly giving away all their femininity, and genders are becoming harder to recognize! So I say we should be extra feminine, and extra girly, and should be woman!

Here's a few things we as ladies need to remember!

Hygiene* Ladies should always be clean, and smell nice! Never skip your bath or shower time simply because you are too lazy or don't have time!! You can always make time for that, even Mamas with small children, where there's a will, there's a way!
Always keep your hair clean, and brushed! Even if you don't have time to style it, make sure it's clean and neat!
Nails, always make sure your nails are clean, no dirt under them! Ladies should never have dirty nails, and it is known fact that a manicure, even one you give yourself makes you feel better about your self!
Being clean is part of being a lady, and it's also good for your health, and testimony as a Christian!

Modesty and Beauty go together* Being modest doesn't mean that you dress homely, and have no beauty!! Modesty is beautiful! Most of you know how to dress modestly, you know what's too tight, too short, too low... But as a lady we should also dress beautifully!
 If you have a tiny waist, enhance that, wear cute little dresses that fit in the waist, if are super tall wear colorful maxis, if you are short you can wear all those cute sun dresses, and vintage looking midi's, even if you hate your body, your weight or height, there are beautiful ways to be modest! 
Where a necklace or earrings to dress up something, or classy shoes!
Most of my clothes are from goodwill, or Walmart, so you don't have to buy something expensive to be classy! Be sure to remember, neatness, and cleanliness go with your clothes too.. make sure your clothes are clean before you walk out the door, and ladies don't be afraid to use a good ol' fashioned iron! Those clothes look 100times better when they are wrinkle free!

Fix the Inside First*Above all what's inside a lady's heart is most important!! We can't be the kind of lady God want's us to be if we have a dirty heart! If we are constantly so consumed with our clothes and what looks good, but neglect our real purpose for living, and what we were put here for then we have failed and in God's eyes we are ugly.. like a filthy rag!
I hate when girls are so focused on peoples clothes or how they look that they are not focusing on the soul that was just saved, or what is most important! I have also seen ladies that think because they look good, and dress right that it does not matter what they say or do, they are holy because of their clothes!
Remember Ladies, a pretty face and gorgeous dress can not hide a dirty and sinful heart from God! He sees the inside, and while it's super important what we put on this outside because that does please God too, we need to fix things every morning from the inside out!

 My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct [my prayer] unto thee, and will look up.
Psalms5:3

O satisfy us early with thy mercy; that we may rejoice and be glad all our days.
 Psalm 90:14

It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.
They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.
Lamentations 2:22&23
So before we begin all of the above, we must first examine what's inside, see ourselves as God sees us, and ask Him to cleanse us from all our sins! And daily help us to be more like Him...
..for the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart. 1Samuel 16:7



2 comments:

  1. I love this post!! Such wise words and great advice! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are one smart girl!!! Thank you for writing this! I loved it very much and you know I always loved my lipstick!!!

    ReplyDelete