Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Southern Hair-itage... Pass it on!!

So Everyone is always asking me about my hair, if it's naturally curly... How do I take the time to curl it... and stuff like that. I have to say being from the South, hair is a major issue!!!
I recently had a trim (well if you are like me trim means give me some volume, but don't touch the length, and of course they never listen and end up cutting too much!!!!) Anyway..
So I'm recovering from that, and trying to grow my hair back out healthy...
 
First thing first I read that heat is a apparently a big NoNO when you want your hair to grow fast, and look shiny and pretty.
Oiii that's hard for me, I love my curling iron, and occasionally my straightner! lol
But I personally believe a lady should have long hair, the Bible says it's our glory!! Now I like really long hair, but I'm not preaching against you ladies with shorter hair, but I do believe your hair should look like a woman, and not be shaved or shorn like a man!!
 
Another reason to think about taking better care of your hair girls, is God says it's our glory!! It's given to us by God, in many religions woman believe it is so precious that only their husbands should see it, so I do think we should take care of it, and I don't think it's silly or superficial to look into different ways to grow healthy, beautiful, hair!
 
At the end of the post I'll share a few healthy ways to take care of your hair (super simple too ladies, or I wouldn't have tried it myself lol)
 
First thing first, How I take a break from my curling iron for a few days, but still have my curls...
{The Sock Bun}
}Picture below because that's what I used last night{



 
I actually really love this idea, because the curls will last all day, and even sometimes the next day!!
Here's a video that shows you how to roll your hair into a sock....
 

 
Super easy!!! And it works great on my hair...
 
Along with no heat here are a few ways to make your hair more healthy everyday...
 
1. What you eat matters... It really does, it affects your hair, just like everything else in your body!! For long beautiful, shiny hair, get plenty of Vitamin B (found in fruits, nuts, and veggis) Protein.. eat meat and leafy greens that are high in protein! Omega 3s, are great for giving you smooth and glossy hair, and you can find that in olive oil, nuts, avocados, and salmon!
 
2.Drink lots and lots of Water... Keeping yourself hydrated, will keep your hair hydrated as well!
 
3.Take your vitamins!... You can find a good hair, skin, and nails vitamins any where, or you can also take Prenatal vitamins, they are full of a lot of vitamins and folic acid that will be super great for healthy hair!
 
4.Be nice to your hair... Be careful when brushing your hair, make sure you never brush wet hair.. that's when your hair is the easiest to break! Also be careful when drying your wet hair with a towel, careful squeeze lightly or pat it dry! Also let is loose sometimes.. wearing your hair so tight, and in a ponytail or hairclip all the time will damage and break your hair in those places!
 
5.Massage that Scalp!... Gently massaging the scalp a couple times a week, gets the blood flowing and the hair growing!
 
6. Use things from the Kitchen... Yeah this may be crazy but remember back in the 40's when woman conditioned their hair with an egg? or did you know Shirley Temple's mama rinsed her hair with Apple Cider Vinegar to give her shiny hair.. they weren't so dumb ya know!! We put so many harsh chemicals on our hair now, when you think about it... and think how much better those things were for your hair and scalp! I use one egg white on my hair to condition, and it makes my hair so much softer than regular conditioner! And think of all the good stuff packed into that egg! Also apple cider vinegar really is great for your hair, to get rid of all the product and toxins that weigh your hair down, I've also used baking soda occasionally to give my hair a good cleaning, and get rid of all the hairspray and gunk!
Look it up there are so many things you can use on your hair, from cumin to castor oil!
 
These are things I've done myself and can honestly see a difference in my hair, I hope you can use something to make your glory shine a little brighter, and when you find something that works... Pass it on!
 
But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.
1Corinthians 11:15

4 comments:

  1. I tried conditioning my hair with an egg.....all was going well until I rinsed it out. I guess the water was too hot because it scrambled right on my head!! LOL!! Another idea is to condition the ends of your hair with olive oil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! :) I recently cut my hair very short for a few different reasons, and I'm working on growing it back for the winter. (Long thick hair on a girl who is prone to heat strokes isn't a fun thing, but it's nice for winter, haha!) I'll have to use some of these tips! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun post! Us ladies love these sorts of posts. BTW, you have beautiful hair! My hair has never grown really long and I wish it would but now that it's all gray and wiry I color, blow and curl all the time so I guess it's too late to start. When my sweet daughter was home we used the sock bun often, she also has beautiful long hair.
    Anyhoo, happy fall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful video! That's a great post. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete