Tuesday, June 15, 2010

For My Good and For His Glory



For my Good and For His Glory, this trial's not the end of my story! There's a bigger picture God alone can see! Faith will take me through this sorrow, for I know He holds tomorrow and He assures me it's for my good and for His glory!

Wow how true this song is, Me, my family, and my cousin Sarah went to hear Golden State Baptist College girls tonight, and on the way home I rode with Sarah.
Now I am so blessed to have so many people in my life to talk about spiritual things, and Me and Sarah love to reflect and look back, and that's just what we did tonight.

We often talk about the good, and sometimes look at the bad years of our lives. The years we are not very proud of, the years that affected our lives forever, the years the we never wanna go back too!!!
Tonight we talked about those dreaded scars of our past, or the things that people had done to us that we will never forget, or the things that we have learned from others around us....
And we thought you know God really does put certain things in our lives for a reason... Some things we go through, we can really look back now and Say it was for my good, and for God's glory!

We have all struggled with great and small things in our lives, and we have all had people in our lives that don't seem to act just right toward us, or have all been in situations that we wonder''what in the world is going on??'' or why God is this happening???... But I have found( now I am not some super spiritual person, and I will never boast that I am closer to God than you are, I mean I don't know why God even bothers with me...But I'm so glad he does:) anyway) that during these times I pray more, I find myself talking to God all during the day, I learn things..I determine not to be, what I see... God takes the bad siuations and turns to good for me, and then I can give all the glory to Him..because it only belongs to Him!

I know that is way harder to say, when you are in the lowest part of the valley. It is so easy to look back a year later and say,''oh now I see why God...''  trust me, I've been there, done that, and bought the t-shirt!haha...People laugh at me, when I say I've been through some rough valleys. They think, what valley have you been through? Your 19, young, sheltered from the world, everybody loves you!...
First let me say, I have in no way been through what must Christians go through ever day, and I guess you would say my life is pretty good...I mean like my Mama says(when I complain a little) suffer for Jesus Rebekah...haha I am blessed and my life is good! But do not think my life is so rosey,that I haven't spent some restless nights crying to God..why???
Being a PK, I have seen things that I wish I had never seen...I have heard my mother cry from being hurt so cruely, I have seen people hate my sisters, I have seen people look at my father in the face and tell him things I never want to repeat. I have seen people come and go, I have seen buskid's grow up and stop coming to church, I have had people hate me just because I'm happy in the ministry!
It's a crazy world out there, and I've seen it! I have had my share of heartaches, even though people may not see it...Preacher's kids.. listen and listen well...Don't quit!!! Don't walk around like you don't care, don't stop working and serving in your church, don't listen when people talk about your Dad!! Don't let it discourage you, Don't quit the ministry because of evil people in the church...and yes sometimes the're people in the church that are not Good Christians, they may look good, but sometimes the're are goats among the sheep..or worse wolves!! So if they go after you, which they most often go after us pk's first, stand your ground, smile :)...and keep pressing on.... and know that if you do what's right, then it's for your good...and for God's glory! Wow I didn't mean to preach... but I just want you guys to know this....especially Pk's I have seen so many preacher's kids grow up and give up serving the Lord, some give up church all together! I've had pk's tell me,'' you grew up as a pk and you wanna marry a preacher?'' They can't imagine why I'd wanna go through dealing with evil people and wolves in the church all my life. Well trust me the good people, the souls that are won, the buskids, the joy of serving the Lord..far outweighs the bad!

Well, I've said enough. I made it through another valley, and by God's grace and mercy I'll make it through the next...and I'll grow a little more closer to my God, and I'll see more joy and blessings...and give God the Glory!

2 comments:

  1. May God continue to bless your faithfulness and your parents for being such good examples to you in serving God. It's nice to see some PK who don't have both feet in the world. Stay "set apart" in your renewed-mind and everytime people show you rejection, just give it over to Jesus and rejoice in the fact that since the beginning of time those who stood up for truth have always been laughed at and mocked, but they have run the race and made it to the end to win the prize. Blessed are you when you get persecuted for His Name's sake. It's so great to remember that HE sees every tear and is JUST in blessing us abundantly, even if others are cursing us. Keep walking forward with your eyes on Him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the encouraging comment!
    It was a blessing that I really needed today:)

    ReplyDelete