Monday, September 6, 2010

Separating Fact From Fiction

Separating Fact from Fiction....A thing us Girls sometimes have a real problem doing.
We read a book, and instantly transform into the main character, we can dream hours upon hours of living in a totally different world... But I've noticed that some Girls stay in that dream world, waiting for Mr.Darcy or Prince Charming to come to the rescue at any moment.
They are in love with being in Love!!!

I believe in Love stories, I believe God has a perfect plan for each of us, and I believe if we let God write that love story...it will all come to pass in a beautiful way! But I also believe that there is more to life than finding that Prince, there is more to life than sitting around dreaming and figuring out what your perfect guy will be like.

I've had a lot of people ask me about this lately, and It has been a big subject in my life....
This subject is so touchy among so many people....But I wanna just make something clear with all my blog readers, I am serving the Lord happily in my church right now, I'm loving life where God has right here and now....sure every Girl dreams of a future, but I'm content with family and friends, with my piano students, my buskids, I am so happy....God has blessed me so much!!!!
If the Lord were to send me someone ''special'', then I would be so undeserving and I would praise the Lord... But until that day comes...this is what I wanna make clear to everyone...

People, they make life so complicated.... Where it seems you can't even be nice to a guy anymore...
You can't really be yourself, because you are either too nice...or you are not nice enough....you shouldn't talk to a guy, or you need to talk to him more...You are leading him on by simply saying hello.... I have found out you just can't please anyone!!!! So While letting out my frustration to my parents one night, they told me... The only one you need to worry about pleasing is God, you'll never make everyone happy...So just be yourself, and live for God... I know this is true, but it's hard to do....I hate it when I know someone thinks bad of me, I hate it when I can't make people believe the truth, I hate it when people lie about me, I hate it when everyone isn't happy!!!!

But I know I'm not the only one....I've had some friends that have been a huge encouragement to me, who have and are going through some of the very same things...We are living our lives happily and are content with what we have, and I think that's why so many of the people that are living in a dream world where nothing is really real...like to pick on us, like to tear our happy little lives apart...Because they just don't understand how we can be happy, they just don't understand that we are happy living a real life...even with all it's problems, it's a wonderful life!

So yes, we need dreams, we need goals, there is nothing wrong with praying for those things...but we need to realize that living in a fiction book isn't what God wants for us...He wants us to serve Him happily, Like Rebekah at the well, serving...What if she was at home dreaming of someone like Isaac, and she never served the Lord, never went out of her way to help others...she would have missed out...We should serve the Lord every chance we can get, and instead of looking for our Isaac, While we are serving....God may be working to bring it all together...in His timing and way!

3 comments:

  1. Some really good points there, Rebekah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it!!! I'm glad I was able to somewhat "help" you in sorting out your thoughts regarding this subject! I'm SO glad you're joining me in this way of thinking too!!! Daddy said something in his preaching Sunday that got me thinking too. He was referring to the rapture and God calling us home, but he said it this way "Get busy serving God until you are called". I think that phrase can easily be used in this same category. As single women we need to get busy until we are called into the role of fiance, wife, mother. There's nothing wrong with thinkin about those things, but waiting doesn't mean being idle. If we had that mindset about waiting for the rapture we'd never lead a single soul to the Lord. We must get off our blessed assurance, dust off our God-given talents and abilities, quit moping about what we wish we could have and start DOING something for God! Getting our minds off of "what could be" and get it on "what can WE do"! =) ok I'm done preachin. haha =) love you girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sarah, Love Ya !!

    Thanks Katie, yeah it's been so good talking to ya, you're such an awesome friend!!!!
    Good message in the comment, haha....if only girls could preach ;D
    Love you too girl, I'm always encouraged after talking with you!!!!

    ReplyDelete