Saturday, January 8, 2011

Bless My Blonde Highlights!

LoL One of my random sayings....thought I'd do a random post of what's running through my head haven't done one of these getting to know me posts in a while.


Hmmmm let's see, biggest news of late is definitely my sisters blessing on the way a little baby boy or girl will join our family before we all know it....I'm so excited I absolutely love babies, I'm trying to figure what this baby will call me....hmmmm Aunt Rebekah, Auntie Bekah, just Auntie, Tia Bekah haha I'll let the precious thing call me whatever it likes......But yes I'm totally excited about that!




Let's see my wonderful Sarah-bear has left me once again to join her fellow crownies


So I'm currently missing her very much......But Know that she will be home again before we all know it!



Hmmm let's see, oh on a serious note please be praying for my Mama this coming week...
I'm so blessed to have her in my life, she is truly the best Mama a girl could have, anyway do pray for her!

Let's see next my favorite song that I've been humming all week..

Abba, Father
by Ron Hamilton
- - - - - - - - - - -
Father, hold me safe in Your arms;
Father, keep me free from all harm.
I cast my care on You
Just like a child should do--
Trusting, loving all that You are.
- - - - - - - - - -
Chorus
Abba, Father,
I rest in You;
You're always faithful,
You're always true.
Abba, Father,
You are my song
Though clouds are dark,
Though night is long.
I cry to you,
Abba, Father
- - - - - - - - - -
Father, help me lean on You more
Through each valley, through every storm.
Help me when I can't see
Your will is best for me;
Love me, hold me sheltered & warm.
- - - - - - - - - -
Father, mold me, make me like new.
Guide my footsteps, keep my heart true--
So that the world may see
Your likeness lives in me.
Break me, shape me, make me like You.


So I know this is in the dead of Winter, but I am craving the essence of Summer....


I miss my Beach, I miss the smell of salt water, the warm sun on my tan skin, the green grass at the soccer complex down the road from church, the kids out of school, the short sleeves printed t's.....Cookie Dough Ice cream at the old general store on the boardwalk, kids krusades, revivals, campmeetings, ''sigh'' I'm seriously needing some summer! Haha but to everything there is a season....

I know I usually post my hopes, prayers, and goals for the brand new year and I have not yet... This year in 2011, I pray I will not worry so much what others think of me. I will only seek to please my Lord, I will not put so much trust and hold up man more than God. My Goal is to please God in everything I do, to be kind, to be forgiving, to never let my pride or own selfish desires get in the way of me loving, forgiving, and caring for someone.

I want to not only please my Lord Jesus Christ, but to honor my parents this year in everything I do. God has placed them in my life, given them to me to guide me and love me and help me see things I may not understand or may not realize how wrong it truly is.

This year I pray that God will use me to encourage, to uplift, to show Southern Sweetness =) where ever I go....I want this year to be the best year of our life, I want certain people to be apart of me and my family's life again, I want everyone to be happy, everyone to love each other, everyone to see our differences and except them, realize sometimes we do stupid things but we apologize, compliment each other and move on....it's what we do....

This year I want to see my generation do something great for God! My Generation is spoiled and slacking in so many things I know....it seems as though we are complacent, and don't really care that there is a world out there lost and dieing, Sometimes it seems that my age of young people have no real Christianity, it's just a part they are playing, they do what looks good. It's not their soul's desire, their life! I want to see some young men my age, be the next Billy Sunday, Sheffey, D.L.Moody, Mueller. and young ladies decide to be different from what the world expects of them...desire to be Godly wives and mothers, daughters, and sisters. Learning to pray, to care, to have a sweet spirit. I want to see a revival now, in America, in my state, in my town, church, and in my own heart!

I need to work on so many things in my life, and I think 2011 is a good fresh start. I'm not perfect, I try my best to be on my blog what I am in real life....My desires are so far out of my reach...but that doesn't mean I can't get to them. I need a lot of prayer, and I need to pray a lot to get where I want to be....I want to be closer and closer to God so that no matter what comes my way I'll never be far from Him. This year I know behind every "?"....there is a huge "!"......and God has something wonderful planned for me, and I know that He is already in my tomorrow, and even though I can't see what may lie ahead...God is there and that's all that matters!

3 comments:

  1. Being an auntie is awesome. My niece is a year and a half now and she's just so much fun :-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen and amen!!
    I've been thinking about alot of this lately too and I'm with ya...I want our generation to do something FOR GOD!!!
    Thank you so much for sharing this!
    And here's a little heads up about the little one on the way, he or she will *probably* call you "kah" for a little while until they can say "bekah" or something like that! LOL!
    My nephew used to call me "ca" till he could say "Eca" and so that's what he calls me now. And he's just gotten used to saying "aunt eca!"
    So yes...they are precious and you won't mind what they call you! :)
    Thanks again for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post!

    Thanks for linking to my blog!

    ReplyDelete