Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Come On Focus!

Isn't that so hard to do? Focus?
I don't know about you, but I think that's a hard thing for my generation to do is Focus on God, and what His plan and path are for our lives.

I will tell you that when I turned 18, I focused on Marriage. I wanted to be completely prepared for my young man, I wanted a family, I wanted to know who the Love of my life was and that was what I pointed my complete and total focus was My future, and who God had for me.
My prayers were not asking God to direct me, they were begging God to show me where Love was.

Marriage is good, a family is good, Love is good, Those things are right, honorable, and Don't deny it everyone desires those things unless God has called you differently who knows..
. But was my focus right? 

No, it wasn't, I've seen so many people from 18-21 focus on finding that Mr. or Ms. Right, Focus on "Got get married, and I got get married now!!!" Is it just me or is it just something about those ages...
It's gotten a lot of my friends in trouble, Because after making a serious mistake just to find love, or after marrying someone God never intended for them just from lust and how they felt in the moment. They look back now, Just like I'm doing and say....

"Hey there is something else I should have been focusing on...GOD!!!!!!"

Wow, how much trouble it would have saved me if I had stayed focused on Him completely.
You see now I guess I'm at that point in my life where I'm constantly Re-Focusing.....and Re-Focusing on God and what He wants. I don't want anything to distract my focus from Him, from serving Him, from what He wants. I keep quoting this verse...

"In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths."
Proverbs3:6

I never want to leave God out of something in my life again.
Like I said, God has blessed marriage, it's a good thing....And I believe when a young man is focusing on God, and a young woman is focusing God, and He has a plan for them both together, then God will bring them together.

"Let thy fountain be blessed: and rejoice with the wife of thy youth."
Proverbs 5:18

So no I'm not against getting married or anything, so don't go thinking that. I still desire to be a help meet, and wife someday....and a mother of course.

But I guess I've come to the point I'm single, and right now I'm not focusing on pleasing, attracting, or waiting on that man. I'm focusing on My Lord, what He's done for me, everything He has for me, what I should be doing for Him...what EVER He has for me, that's what I want... If God has someone in His plan for me, then that man will have to be striving to focus everyday on the same thing I'm striving everyday to focus on...

So Come On Focus.....
On GOD, HIS WAY, HIS POWER, HIS LOVE,
HIS PATH FOR YOUR LIFE, JESUS CHRIST!!!
Your Focus is way off, if it's not of those things!

4 comments:

  1. What a blessing, Rebekah. Your posts never fail but to do so.
    Now I'm not 18-21 as you said, but In your young teenage years, (14-16) did you want to wait till you were in your mid twenties to get married, or younger?
    I'm just curious, because as I do want to get married, I have always wanted to wait until I was twenty four so I could spend at least six years serving the Lord. I'm not sure if that will pass, so that's why I'm asking:)
    As for focusing, this post could not be timed better. I'm not sure if you are familiar with IBLP or Bill Gothard. We use ATI which is a result of IBLP (the Duggars and Bates use it- not that that has anything to do with it, but you might have heard of it while reading their website or watching a show. Or you may even have attended a Basic Seminar?)
    and this months verse(s) are from Matthew 6 :22-24. The whole months study is having a "single eye"- or single focus- on serving the Lord, opposite on James 1:8. So all of our History, Medicine, Math, etc, is based on this.
    Isn't the Lord good at planning things out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Post!!!! I needed that, Rebekah!!! I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen! Thank you so much for sharing!
    As I was reading this, I thought of something I heard a preacher say one time about being single. He said to picture it as climbing up a mountain...God being on top. As you're climbing up one side of the mountain, your "mate" is climbing up the other and you're both focused on the same thing...the top of the mountain...where God is!
    So thanks for sharing girl!
    Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, Rebekah:) that issue is DEFINATELY something that I have thought about, but you are definately right about waiting on the Lord, I do NOT want to get myself in a mess later on in life because I didn't listen to God.

    I just wanted you to know that this post was a *great* blessing to me:)

    Blessings in Christ,
    ~Rebecca

    ReplyDelete