Thursday, November 10, 2011

A Thought For Today

"The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair; the beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she shows and the beauty of a woman only grows with passing years..." -Audrey Hepburn

So today I've really had this on my mind, Beauty. True Beauty.
Sometimes we Ladies are so busy fixing this outside, primping here, plucking there, fluffing curls, touching up eyeliner and lipstick....lol that we forget about fixing the inside.

Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised.
Proverbs 31:30

As a Southern girl, I love my lipstick, and I love my crazy hair....after all a woman's hair is her glory, so yes I'm sorry I don't agree with cutting it all off. Anyway my point, if we do all these things and forget all the nastiness inside us, why we might as well go around like hags. Because we are ugly, no matter how pretty our face is with all it's glitter and sweetness....if our attitude is sour, and our hearts are detached and disinterested in caring for people, and we are only focusing on how things affect us...then we are ugly!

A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance...
Proverbs 15:13

I'm determined that no matter how dull or ugly I may look on the outside, I want my heart to be cheerful, I want my soul to be caring, I want my heart to be for Christ and others.
For you see, that is where true beauty is...if you are too worried about your mascara running that you wont cry and pray at the altar, Are you grieving the Holy Spirit? If you can't bend down to wipe a little kids runny nose because it's gross, or let them sit on your brand new skirt because it could get wrinkled up, Is your heart really beautiful?
I know some girls, who some may say they are plain...but when you meet them...the joy of the Lord radiates from them, when they laugh it's contagious, children flock to them, when you ask them to pray for you, you know they pray, they are truly beautiful!

 Let's Think Girls!!!! Fix the heart, before the face!!!!
Every morning like your makeup routine, get alone with God, read His word, pour your heart out to Him, examine yourself, your motives, and your purpose.

Remember True Beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul

Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:
And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
Psalm 139:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment