Saturday, May 5, 2012

Flirting with Fire: One for the Guys and Girls!


Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life. Put away from thee a froward mouth, and perverse lips put far from thee. Let thine eyes look right on, and let thine eyelids look straight before thee.Ponder the path of thy feet, and let all thy ways be established.Turn not to the right hand nor to the left: remove thy foot from evil.
Proverbs 4:23-27

Right now I have so much on my mind it's buzzing from one thing to the next.... Honestly I'm so upset I feel like crying and preaching at the same time, but I can't do either of them.
So I blog... This post as I stated is I think my first blog post for Guys and Girls, but still I'm coming from a girl's point of view so Guys forgive me if I totally misjudge some of you.

First off before you completely write this post off, and refuse to take anything I say seriously...that's what I'm partly upset about, the fact that I have so much inside, so much I've learned, so much I see, but no one will listen, no will take what I say as truth when I know exactly where their choices will lead, or where they're headed, because I've flirted with that fire myself...

So please give me a chance and read if you care the least little bit of keeping your heart, if you still have something inside you that wants to please the God in Heaven that gives you life, that loves you, if you have just something inside you that wants peace, and happiness, and pleasure forever, Come on who doesn't want that???

First off where are you? Are you saved? Are you living what you think is a pretty good life?
Okay you are not ashamed to say that right? You are a Christian, maybe a Pastor's kid, or Maybe you go to a Christian school, Maybe you're at a Christian College, or maybe you're just going to church and being what you think is what you're supposed to be.
But let's break it down....Here's where I'll start my preaching so forgive me if I get a little harsh or deep, remember this is stuff I've seen, I came to it face to face, I fell in it as hard as could be, suffered the consequences, and it's pain from the burn far out-weighed the pleasure the flirting with a flame gave. 

Warning(don't ya love warning labels I mean like on a blow-dryer or curling iron...who would really do your hair in the shower??? lol) Warning WARNING this is it....like the verse says at the top "Keep your Heart" with all diligence!! That means it takes work, you can begin to lose your heart the moment you start hanging with friends that are not so close to God, and living a Holy life isn't really their thing, you can begin to lose your heart the moment you choose a rock/pop/country song over Godly music in your car or ipod, you can begin to lose your heart the moment you take a second look at someone you know is checking you out..

HEY! We need to wake up, girls what's wrong with us.... Older girls, just let me take a second... Us girls in our 20's we are not teens anymore, why are we still acting like it? Why are we still wearing little tight shirts and our skirts are just as tight and short as we can get them, why are we still flirting with guys on the internet by describing ourselves in great detail lying on a couch or swimming by a pool, or even private things leaving nothing to a guy's imagination, and why are we still fighting, and causing drama, why are we still listening to feel good music that makes us have those butterflies inside, why are we still giving our hearts away to random guys we know would not be Godly husbands and fathers to our children, Why are we still struggling with doubts, and fears, and sins are still binding us and the Devil is still defeating us daily!

We are supposed to be teachers Girls, to the younger teens. Not dressing, acting and falling into the things that are defeating them. How can we offer help, if we are still so spiritually young...

We are flirting with the things that burnt us when we were teens... when I turned 20, it was like I thought I've arrived, I'm good... I'm a mature adult, I can handle this. I thought I was smack in the middle of God's will, and the devil couldn't touch me. I knew what was right....and what was wrong, and I had plans. I thought I'm not one of those girls that will fall for the wrong guy, go out into the world or one of the girls that would trade God's plan for my own. I was smarter than that.
So I thought....but something happened. Not when I turned 20.... no it happened a good time before that. Maybe 14, or 16.... a slow process began.
Through my music ( Hey Christian, music is what feeds our soul...don't feed your heart on the worlds music, it will not draw you closer to God but only put longings and lust in your heart for the world and to fulfill the flesh, I know....Godly music blesses your soul, makes you meditate on God's word, focus on Jesus, brings praise to God, if you think your music is ok...would you take it to Heaven and play it before your Father, would you dance and sing about the things in your songs before God in Heaven?) Through my goals( My goal wasn't wholly to please my Jesus, or to do God's will, it was more to be happy, to have someone to love, to be a wife and mother, to have friends, to look good, and to stay in *the state I live which will not be named due to my many stalkers(another reason young girls don't flirt with guys in your teens, they will come back to stalk you later haha) So my goals weren't entirely bad, but were they Christ centered? Was I truly open to God's will, was I willing to go and do whatever He wanted..no....and that led to some terrible mistakes, and sins. And I hurt so many people in trying to find happiness my own way, and it blew up in my face)
Through my playing dumb(I made out like I didn't know what I was doing... Girls, let's get serious for this small moment of my post. I know at times we are supposed to play dumb, ya know like when we know exactly what someone is getting us for our birthday but we act so surprised, or when a guy tells us something we already know but we like the fact he told us, and it makes him feel good so we just nod and smile.. Ok so we can use that then. But playing dumb with sin, is no fun at all. Now I know your saying Miss Rebekah I have no idea what your talking about... I'm just playing... I'm just being silly... I'm just having a good time. Playing dumb when we take flirty little pictures, with kissy faces, and that 'come hither look'  and post them on the internet for the world to see.. thinking some guy will think your Hot. Playing dumb when our shirts get a little past the 3 finger notch on our collar bone( mine has to be 2 everything just looks lower on me and to feel better I pin, my girls call me the safety pin queen, I pass them out in church so our camis will be nice and high, don't laugh...I know what the wrong guys look for which brings me to the next) Playing dumb when our skirts go a little higher, above the knee..."oh that wont hurt anything who wants to look at my legs.." Girls, don't play dumb... you know who would look at your legs, if you put them out there. Guys, young and old have an even greater battle than we do fighting lust... When we show our legs or our clothes get a little tighter, a little lower, and we know how to show them off in front of our Brothers in Christ we create a terrible situation, maybe more than what we realize, God has given guys something a little extra inside, to make them the pursuer in a relationship...but some guys are perverted, and twisted, and walking in front of them and flirting with them is like dangling meat in front of a raging lion. If you use your body to attract a guy, to just get a boyfriend, or to just get a guy to notice you, then the guy you get that way will only want you for that reason, and when he doesn't get his way, he wont treasure you like you should be, he'll throw you away like a broken toy.
Girls I played dumb in some of these areas and got burnt, Do you really want what you think you want if it means losing all you have? Do you really want to look like the Models with those looks in your pictures, should a Christian girl make such sensual looks in pictures, or listen to the same music the world dances and parties too? 

Listen I was flirting..... with a dangerous, but attractive fire.
And yes I got burnt, not as bad as the devil wanted me to....but the hurt I caused, the pain that still floods over me at times, the memories that haunt my prayers(the devil loves to make you think your unworthy to even call on God, that's one of his tools to get you stop...don't forget "Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.")
I've already in the past 2 years tried to wave the flag of WARNING WARNING in front of many girls faces as they're walking the direction I went.... but so many times I'm pushed aside, because they think "No I'm different, I'ma good girl, I'm no church dropout, I'm not boy-crazy, I can control how far this goes, I wont be a statistic, I'm close to God...I'm good)
And they end up further then I went....a little bit lower....a little bit farther....

Before my bright side(I'm not completely mean..I promise) I said this was a guy post too right... well here it goes.
Guys, here's my message to you...

One to you guys who put on a spiritual front to attract a girl. That honestly makes me completely, and totally...ughhh. I can list over 20 guys I've seen do this, not just to me but to friends, sisters and my girls at church. Guys, if you are trying to please a girl by being Mr.SuperSpiritual if you all of a sudden have an interest in singing in church because she sings, or all of sudden children are the most important part of the church because she is a worker in the children's church, or now church, souls, revival, and God are your life...since you met that girl that is.

I've known guys that were drunks, druggies, and perverts that suddenly cleaned up their act to try and win the heart of a Preacher's daughter, Piano player, or Good Christian girl.And some girl with a weak heart who isn't clinging to God, and can boldly stand...falls for the poor soul who is trying to get to God. Sometimes parents intervene, sometimes God rescues, sometimes girls fall and end up in a mess.
But unless along the way the guy genuinely gets saved, and all that matters to him is pleasing God...
Most often the Guy's that do that, end up back where they were...back to their sin...because they were there for the wrong reason, so it didn't last. And no matter how much the girl could have loved him, the guy didn't want Jesus or His love, he wanted a good girl.

Are you that guy? Maybe your not the drunk pretending to be Mr.Right...but maybe your pretending to be something your not to get a Godly girl to notice you, to be yours.
Hey, you can sit and pretend all you want....but that's God's girl your messing with, and He's not going to let you get away with it. He's protecting His daughter, and He sees right through you so you better examine yourself... and make sure you are for real. No girl wants a fake or phoney... I have more respect for the guys that come asking for a date that are worldly and pretend to be nothing different, then for the guys that sit in my church and act spiritual, suddenly quote Godly men and talk about God on facebook when I friend them(like I can't read their past posts please) and pretend to be something they are not.

One more thing to the Needed Guys...
Guys, if you're a brother, a preacher, a teacher, a friend to some Christian girls. We need you!!
We need to see some men we can respect, some men that don't give us those creepy looks as we walk past them, that are polite, and chivalrous, that will protect us from those creepy men... We need some brothers that will say woa.. do you know how that looks to a guy?...We need some Godly men to pray, to stand up and preach and then live what they preach. We need some brothers that will date the right girls( Hey if you date a girl that dresses kinda on the edge, your sister will get the idea that's what attracts a guy, if your girlfriend isn't Godly or living with a zeal and happiness for God....don't expect your sister too) We need Good guy friends that will just be friends....(and set us up with their good Godly buddies ;) lol just kidding. But Guys seriously, we need you to hold the standard high, to fight for right to be Strong, Godly, Men who love Jesus, who get up and do something... we already have so many around us that have failed, that give us no reason to respect or lift them up. We need you to be our protector, our Man of God, our pursuer of Godly things, our friend, our brother, I know you guys have a lot on you, but just know this...They're are so many Godly girls out there praying for you, maybe one in particular for each of you...your job is to seek God to find her..but they're out there, praying hard for you!

So Guys, Girls... I've poured my heart out....but there's so much more I could say...haha that's me, said all I can say, but yet I could say so much more.
I'll leave you with this.
God loves you, He wants all of you, and really all of that stuff we are flirting with isn't worth a dime...God's will, and His peace is worth Everything! And it lasts forever, don't let sin, or anything come between it...don't ignore the warnings so many girls and guys have ignored and been burnt, your no different, you're not fireproof, you're flesh, you still have that to battle.
So stay as far away from the world as you can, not as close as you can, and cling as tight as possible to God and His loving way!!!


Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.
James 4:17

Dont ignore the Warning!!! Fire Burns..........So let's stop Flirting with it!

13 comments:

  1. Very good, Miss Rebekah!
    And you cracked me up with that..set us up with your Godly buddies! LOL!
    Praying for you girlie!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your prayers Darling ☺ You are a true friend!!

      And Ya never know who they might know ;) lol

      Delete
  2. What a great post! I agree with absolutley 100% of this and am so excited to see that there are other Godly young ladies that feel the same and are spreading the word to others! What a blessing. May God Bless you for your efforts.
    A Faithful Reader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Faithful Reader, your comment was such an encouragement..Sometimes I wonder if my heart makes any sense, but it is good to know others agree and are blessed. Praying God will continue to use me, He is so good!!

      Delete
  3. Great post. I think some of the hardest times as a Christian is to see friends or family headed the wrong way. Yet, they refuse to see the warning flags. Unfortunatly it catches up with them as time passes by. It's heartbreaking.

    Have a great Monday!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes mamm, that's what breaks my heart...trying to spare someone the heartache or pain you know sin will cause but being ignored is very hard to understand. It is hard but I'll keep waving the flag as long as God allows me to.
      Have a blessed week!!

      Delete
  4. This is very true!
    Thank you Rebekah.
    I hope to follow Jesus and trust in Him as you do!

    Lillian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh for Grace to trust Him more.... Thank you Lillian ☺ youre so sweet, I fail my Lord everyday...but my daily goal is to follow, grow closer and closer, cling to Him more and more!! Never stop trusting Jesus, keep your eyes on Him through good and bad..He'll never leave you and in Him you'll never be disapointed!!

      Delete
  5. Dear Rebekah,

    I don't know you, but have followed your blog for a long time. I too have been dealing with trying to "make people listen" too. Sometimes Baptist girls seem to think "that will never happen to me" so they get as close to the cliff as they can without falling off. It frustrates me and makes me so sad that girls refuse to take heed!

    Anyways, this was your best post yet and it was encouraging to see that someone looks at things the same way I do. Whatever is going on in your life, please be encouraged, because I needed this today. When will people ever wake up??? ~ Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Grace, your comment was a HUGE encouragement!! I honestly almost deleted this post, because I wasnt sure my point was explained well...but these comments have blessed me.
      I wish as Christian girls we could learn from others, and heed warnings but so often "good girls" think they are invincible and untouchable, and that they'll make their own mistakes. Not realizing the pain and scars that can be spared.
      But anyway thank you so much!! I'm glad God used it..just keep shouting the warnings someone, someday will listen!
      ~blessings☼

      Delete
  6. Enjoyed your post! Your font makes it just a tad slow in reading, but the content is very good. I am the mother of a young man and young lady in their 20s (plus some teens). Our oldest son is often flirted with by church girls who go too far with him. He has a hard time with church girls who have to TOUCH him while talking to him.

    It is very sad to see the picture of young 'christian' ladies who put themselves on the internet in pictures that make them appear to be something other than a pure young lady who desires to follow Jesus in their lives. It is sad that these pictures often reveal what is truly within the young ladies heart...

    Again, very good post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anonymous, I changed the font, I hope its easier to read now thank you so much for giving me a heads up on that!
      Thank you also for your comment, it is sad and often I see Godly young men falling for girls who use their touch and bodies to attract them,and end up destroying the young man and his ministry.
      I hope and pray that I can teach young ladies to keep their hearts fully focused on God, be what pure young christian ladies who claim Jesus as their saviour should be. The devil is trying to destroy boths guys and us girls..and this is one of his main ways.
      Anyway again thank you for your commment ☺

      Delete
  7. wow, excellent post. I just stumbled across this one while looking at your previous posts. thanks for sharing your heart.

    ReplyDelete