There is one person in your church who knows your preacher's life!
She's wept and smiled and prayed with him, and that's your preacher's wife!
She knows your preacher's weakest point and knows his greatest power:
She's heard him speak in trumpet tone in his great triumph hour.
She's heard him groaning in his soul when bitter raged the strife,
As, hand in his, she knelt with him...For she's the preacher's wife!
The crowd has seen him in his strength, when glistened his drawn sword;
As underneath God's banner folds, He faced the devil's horde.
But she knows deep within her heart that scarce an hour before,
she helped him pray the glory down behind a fast closed door.
You tell your tales of preacher's brave who walked across the world
and changed the course of history by burning words they hurled.
And I will tell how, back of them some women lived their lives;
Who wept with them and prayed with them...They were the Preacher's wives!
-Author Unknown
(This poem is my Mother, I hope and pray I will be at least half of the woman she is one day...but I know she is one of the reasons my desire is to be a preacher's wife and serve along side a Man of God one day like she has done so faithfully. I love you Mama! Thank you for being all you are, and for pointing me to Jesus in all I do! You are truly a Virtious woman, I know I can always go to you, your love is unconditional You truly show me a picture of God's love....forgive me for failing you as a daughter, you deserve so much more. I'll never say this enough~ I LOVE YOU!)

This is a sweet tribute to your mother. Thank the Lord for Godly preachers wives.
ReplyDelete