
Letting Go...and Leaving Behind...
Such simple words. But in my mind they are harder to process.
Last night I don't know what hit me, but I guess you could say I was complaining to my Heavenly Father. I was going over things in my mind, that happened years ago... I was telling God what this person did, and this person did. How after all I had done, after all I had given, after all I had loved and prayed... I was rejected, I was forgotten, I was misused.
As I cried and cried... Suddenly I realized... I had done those very things to my Jesus!
He had loved me, even when I didn't love Him...
He was always there for me, and I ignored Him...
He wanted me to get to know Him more..
He wanted my heart...
I hurt my Lord, in the very same ways I had been hurt.
But my Jesus forgave me, and He doesn't remember all the hurt I caused. He has cast it as far as the East is from the West. And still shows me mercy, still blesses me with life, still wants my attention...still wants me to spend time with Him.
(My God is so good to me!!!)
(My God is so good to me!!!)
So God showed me, it was time to Move on.
Time to finally stop remembering what they did.... and what they didn't do.
And Time to start.. Forgiving.
Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3:13&14
Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3:13&14
This new year, even though it's just begun it's already brought about so many changes in my heart. I keep finding things that need surrendering, need to be let go. And God keeps putting things in place of them. Like a peace, and happiness in trusting Him. My hands have been so full of my own efforts, dreams, and desires...letting go of them, has made room for all that God has for me!
It never dawned upon me, I was still living with all this regret and with still such a cynical attitude toward life and people. God has opened my eyes with tears, and oh, what Joy comes when you finally see what you are doing and what you need to do.
I'm moving on, Forgiving and Forgetting those things that have past.
And stepping into the next page of this chapter of life without holding onto last years pages, I make so many mistakes and so do those around me...So I think I will trust and rely on a God who doesn't make any mistakes and knows everything about me and loves me all the same!!
Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:
Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:
And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
Psalm 139:23&24
Psalm 139:23&24
Don't be afraid to tell Him all your heart is going through..He already knows and you won't regret the outcome if you heed what He is trying to do in your heart and life!
Let Go, and let God take control!


Beautiful!! I needed this so much today! Thank you, Rebekah for trying to be all that glorifies the Lord! I love you! Mama
ReplyDeleteThat was a great post Rebekah!! Thanks so much for sharing it :)
ReplyDelete~Sarah
This was a wonderful post. Thank you!
ReplyDelete