Tuesday, January 15, 2013

The Rise of the Rebel

Are You A...
rebel-without-a-cause1_zpsd54ea3f9 rebel-without-a-cause1_zpsd54ea3f9.jpg
(dumm dummm dummm)
 
In all seriousness, we all have a tiny bit of Rebel in us. Don't lie to yourself and say you don't...
I know personally I do, being submissive to God, to my parents, to authority in any way takes a lot of prayer and constant going to God to keep that rebel inside me down. It's hard to have a meek, quiet and obedient spirit sometimes. Even now, I feel like a rebel against society, against the modern "church", and against this half hearted, fleshly deeper life, feel good stuff..that isn't deep, and has no hope of real eternal life and resembles nothing of a real Christian life. I say yes I am a rebel in that light...
 
But I really believe the true "Rise of the Rebel", comes along when you begin to enter adult-hood. Maybe from 16-to your late 20's, slowly a rebel begins to rise within you. I honestly believe the devil has an all out attack on my generation, especially my age group of young adults. I have seen more of my friends and acquaintances, divorce, leave home and ignore their parents advice and leadership, lose their purity, be hurt by and waste their love on someone that was completely wrong for them, ruin their testimony, leave their faith, be tossed about with every wind of doctrine, think they were old enough to stand on their own. I know that every generation has faced this, and I know that the next generation will face even more.
 
It's been proven that from late teens to early 20's that is when You have the most influence, the most pressure, the most decisions to make, you are tender, your life is before you, and can be used by God..or be wasted on self and the devil.
 
I know..."Like WOAH...depressing and stressing much!" The fact of the matter is, even those in their 30's and beyond still have a rebel in them. They have to deal with their flesh just like us in our 20's do, it never ceases to exist.
 
You can be serving the Lord, giving and taking care of others, singing for the Lord, you can even be on the mission field or preaching in a pulpit somewhere.. and still not be right with God, still not have His hand or His blessings on your life, because of that Rebel spirit that maybe is keeping you from speaking to someone you hold bitterness toward... Or maybe you are a wife that is not submissive to her husband, you are belittling him, fighting with him, or just going against him... Or you are purposely going against your parents. You are claiming you are old enough to make your own decisions. But that doesn't change what God says, you are to honor your parents.
 
No matter what good you are doing in Jesus name... If you are rebelling against Godly counsel, God given authority, then you are rebelling against God.

Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.
Exodus 20:12

Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.
Hebrews 13:17

Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.
Romans 13:1



There is no working around it, in God's eyes we can not allow that "Rebel without a cause"  attitude rule our heart. We are not our own, we are Christ's and we must submit to His will and way, His ordained authority, it's the only way for that old rebel to die.

Rebel against the world, and it's idea of how you should live...

Rebel against Satan and His plan for you...

Submit to how God's word says how you should live...

Submit to God and His Amazing plan for you..

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.
James 4:7&8
  

1 comment: