Sunday, January 6, 2013

Hold On To Holy Living

holy2_zpsa1b8e736 holy2_zpsa1b8e736.jpg
 
Among today's "Christian" generation, there is a call that is being ignored! A call to Holiness, a call to actually being separate from the world, We should be holding on tight to things which are Godly, pure, and are based on God's word...But instead is it just me, or are we letting go of
 Holy living?
 
I never thought the day would come when Christians would tear me down, and hate me for speaking or just trying to live this. I mean I don't go around examining how others dress, and live their lives, and then point how they're wrong and I'm right. Who would do that? But it seems just the fact that I feel God's word wants me to dress modestly, live differently, act a certain way, watch certain things, listen to certain music, and through Christ, live a genuine Christian life, seems to bother people. I'm not talking about walking around with my nose in the air, like I'm better than you in any way.. I'm just a sinner, who God showed mercy to, rescued me from a life of bondage, and gave me a new life! I'm not perfect, but when I try to live Holy..it bothers people.
But get this it doesn't bother the world around me, when I talk to someone out visiting, or in Wal-mart, or Mcd's, they don't feel threatened or judged by the fact I'm trying to be different. Drug users I talk to don't look at me like I'm better than them because I don't do drugs, ladies I talk to with mini-skirts and tight jeans don't judge me for wearing a jean skirt, they smile and listen to me because maybe they see I have a God that makes a difference.
 
Christians, church people, and "good" people can be the harshest critics when it comes to the subject of Holy living. How crazy mixed up is that? We should be the ones encouraging each other to reach higher plains in our spiritual lives!
Take my teen girls at church, they are all extremely different! But by God's grace, they are all growing in Christ...they will tell you right now they are not perfect. They are all working on different things in their lives, to draw them closer to God.One took a look at her music, and deleted what was not honoring to Christ, what was pulling her down. I didn't take her phone and say "let me delete all the bad off.." No God convicted her, and she made a change. One decided not to long ago to step up her modesty in her life, even when she goes to public school, we all were happy for her and knew it took a lot of prayer! My other teens may not make such a drastic change in their wardrobe or their music, but do they tear down the other for making that decision? No! Does she boast and brag for new found confidence in dressing and what she listens to, to please God? No! The holy spirit convicted, the lesson was taught, and God changed her heart...as He does in my other girls, in attitude, dress, witness, and in heart.
As we grow, we should naturally want to put away the world's dress, philosophy, music, and our hearts should be able to do this with the right spirit as we pass it along to those growing along with us. It's hard to let go of the world, but once you do....it's easier and easier to cling to Godly things and drop the worlds.
 
So here's to the few in this world that want to please God, and do what He says!
Who wants to displease their loving Saviour? Who wants to appear like the devil's crowd, and get mixed up with the loosing team?
 
I'm sorry but I want to be different! Scream legalist all you want, tell me I don't know what I'm talking about, that's old fashioned, it doesn't appeal to this generation, it's not about holiness it's all about Love, it's all about Jesus.
 
Yes, well about Jesus...I believe He said...
 
If ye love me, keep my commandments. John 14:15
 
In fact Jesus took the commandments a step farther, than old testament...
 
Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:  But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
Matthew 5:27-30
 
Jesus said hate, was like murder, and lust was like adultery...I think Jesus, who is God, is Holy...And I think according to God's word He takes holiness pretty serious. I mean if we love God, which we all claim we do... He tells us to prove our love, by keeping His commandments! We are saved by grace, and nothing but grace will take us home one day! But because we are saved by God's amazing grace, we should live for Him, and serve Him with our works. Like the verse says..
 
But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.
1Peter 1:15&16
 
We are called by a Holy God, to live Holy!
That means the way we talk should be holy (swearing, gossiping, criticizing, dirty filthy jokes, even sounding too much like worldly slang) Are your words Holy? Would you speak them in front of a Holy God in Heaven?
The way we dress(is it just like the world, is it tight, revealing, is it really modest? Would it cause a man to lust, is it feminine, is it Christ-honoring?) I see girls hide things they wouldn't wear in front of their pastor, but they forget their God sees them everyday! Would you really wear it to meet the King of Kings?
 
The music we listen to(I can't get over the music Christians like and listen to on facebook, do they not understand what our music does to us?? Is your music praise worthy, does it glorify God? Or does it just make you feel good? Has the world's sensual, breathy, pop voice crept into your music, does the worlds beat and rhythm drive you to dance and move in the way of the world, Shouldn't our music drive us to worship our God, realize our humble state, and praise His name! Most so called Christian music of today doesn't even use the name of Christ, it's all about the flesh...) Our music should absolutely not resemble the world's carnal, fleshly, deadly music, I know how far it can take your heart, our music should bring us closer to our God... This was a huge help to me please check it out...
Mrs.Shelly Hamilton wrote this article, I think she is more the expert on music then you or I.
 
Our generation has followed the world in our music, we must get back to Holy music in our Church's, youth groups, ipods, smartphones, and everyday lives!
 
And to sum it all up, Our hearts and lives should be Holy!
In these days, when young Christians should be strong in the Lord and standing for right.. we are falling head over heels in love with the world and all it offers us. We are giving our hearts and minds over to the devil to have his way. I've said all this before... How we need to guard what comes into our minds, and hearts that will cause us to stumble. I don't understand how Christians can read romance novels, and watch steamy romance movies...and then sit in church and praise God, without floods of things coming into their mind! Maybe they are stronger than me, and can take that all in and then forget it? But I don't think so...
As Godly young ladies and young men, we are to live holy lives before a world looking for something other than that trash they already have. We offer nothing different for them.
I just honestly believe we should examine our lives daily, to see if their is any wicked way in us!

Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:
And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
Psalms 139:23&24
And may we hold tighter and tighter to a Holy God, and all His holy ways... we are all unworthy, and all full of imperfections, but His righteousness covers us, His blood flows within our veins, we are His..we need to start acting like it!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post! I totally agree with you and feel the same way. "Christians" these days seem to be brain washed and think they're feelings are what's most important. They seem to think if it makes them feel good then it must be spiritual. My eye. I too, get criticized by "Christians" for trying to do right. What a twisted world we live in! Thanks so much for writing this post! Thank you for being different! :)
    http://dixie-n-dottie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete