Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Virtuous Woman

'I think that at the supper I neither receive flesh nor blood, but bread and wine; which bread when it is broken, and the wine when it is drunken, put me in remembrance how that for my sins the body of Christ was broken, and his blood shed on the cross. ...I ground my faith upon God's word, and not upon the church... The faith of the church must be tried by God's word, and not God's word by the church; neither yet my faith.'
Jane Grey to John Feckenham, 1554


Proverbs 31:1,30
Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.
Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised

4 comments:

  1. A girl in our church just started a blog, called
    www.girls-justforfun.blogspot.com
    I'ts really neat and for girls of all ages. she has hairdos, games, recipes, and more. It's also a reader based blog- you can email her in stuff and she will post it.
    Anyway, she is having a contest to see who can get the most followers to follow her blog. All you have to do is check it out and decide if you like it, follow, then comment that Ashlyn Y. reccomended you. There is a $10 gift card prize! I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
    I commented on your sisters blog too...=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this post.
    Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised.
    This is one of my favorite verses. I needed to remember it today.
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I didn't realize this until later, but The contest doesn't start until Nov 8th! Sorry about that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad it was a blessing Laurie!!

    That's great Ash, thanks for the link :)

    ReplyDelete