Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I can't think of a title...that's a first...hey that'll work:)

This week is going to be super busy, So I wanted to just tell you a little of what's going to be going on...
It seems weird going back to teaching piano, and doing normal stuff after being gone last week. I guess it's hard to get back to reality...I would love to be back at Temple Baptist right now, they are in the midst of their Independent Baptist Friends Conference this week, with wonderful Men of God preaching each night!
You could really sense a spirit of Revival in the school, while I was visiting...I hope you will join me in praying for their meeting this week! Wish I could be there, you know I did pray while I was at The Crown College..if Lord this could possibly be your will??? But the Lord just didn't seem to give me that desire or press upon my heart that going to Crown was His will. I believe that Bible college is a good place, if it is the Lord's will for you to be there. So until the Lord calls me somewhere, I will remain here...But I just want to always be open to God's will, and I want to always be willing to walk through any door He opens!

Okay again back to life here, we are getting ready for a big service ourselves at Church, Internationl Sunday...we are having some Men of God from across the World, and everyone gets to dress like a different country. We also have to fix food from different countries...I picked Spain for my dress...not sure which part yet??? But I think I have my outfit all set!

We will be pretty busy with that, and just the normal everyday stuff....Jennifer will also be getting ready to head to WV with some friends, next week. She is very excited about that!
Next week we will also be attending a Campmeeting, I am really excited about that..I love campmeetings, but I really can't wait for this one...the Karpenko's will be there!!!! Can't wait to see my friend Katie!

Speaking of Katie, I've been thinking about doing a couple posts about different courtship stories that have encouraged me over the past couple years. Katie and Nate being one in the process, I'd like to share stories like theirs, and courships that have already ended in marriege.

Courtship, is something I believe is very Christ honoring...something I was critized for talking about too much on my other blog...But it is what I believe, and I will talk about it on here...I'm not againest anyone who believes in dating around, But I'm not looking for just a boyfriend to hang out with...in fact I'm not even looking..I'm waiting and listening, and praying. God knows where my man is...and someday He will send me my match made in Heaven. So when I do a post on my desires to be a Godly wife someday,to someday Lord willing marry a man of God, or my convictions on Courtship...it is not because I have any young man in mind, or am trying to attract his attention my way. It is to encourage, to show you that you can have good, Biblical dreams like this, you can pray that someday God will send you your future mate, it's not weird, it's not stupid...Don't let this world, or fellow Christians discourage you in this area. Because Nothing is impossible with God...not even doing something so hard as simply sending you your mate :)

Anyway I'll try and email a few people, and get some Courtship stories for ya'll...if you want to send me your courtship story through email, I'll read over yours, too....and maybe even publish it on here~

So I'm getting a little sleepy..better close this up...listening to the Conference Via live stream, then probably off to bed..Have a wonderful day tomorrow:)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Rebekah! I'm glad to know that your not done blogging! LOL! And that you started a new blog! That's always exciting :)
    I also don't feel that it's the Lord's will for me to go to college. And I've been criticized and questioned for the last year or so with people asking me, "So where are you going to college, Erica? What are you gonna do after you graduate?" And I have to explain to them that I'm not planning on going to college, and I don't know what I'm gonna do because I don't know what the Lord wants for me yet! And alot of people think that it's foolish to not know what you want to do after high school and some even think that it's lazy of somebody to not want to go to college. But I, like you, only want what God wants for me, and I want to be ready to walk through any door that He opens for me! And I've been feeling really down lately, because I'm about to graduate from my church's homeschool group in like, 2 weeks, and I have no Earthly idea what I'm gonna do! And I'm graduating with like 6 other people, who are all guys I might add, and half of them are going to college and the others are preachers! So they're future as of right now is pretty clear....but not mine!
    Anyway, I just wanted to thank you for posting this b/c it helped me and encouraged me, just to know that I'm not the only one who isn't planning to go to college :)

    In Christ,
    Erica

    ReplyDelete