Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I'm not Single....

Okay what am I talking about???? I know you are thinking she's crazy...You don't have a boyfriend, your not ''in a relationship''...well technically I am ''in a relationship'' with my Lord Jesus Christ!
Yes it's Jesus and Me, together forever!!!

I've been thinking, Marriage, Children, all that is some big desires and dreams in my life...I'm a dreamer, sometimes it's a good thing...sometimes it's a little distracting. But anyway I've been thinking that is not the most important thing in my life...and I want to make that quite clear.

Have you ever had something happen to make you look at yourselve in a different way?
I had something happen recently, that made me realize that sometimes God is the only one who really knows your heart..that sometimes things happen that hurt, but in turn are for your good..because they make you closer, make you pray harder, make you want to spend time with God and God alone.

Well I had a comment the other day, on a post I did about knowing that right now God's will was for me to stay home. Since I know that single girls look at my blog, and like the young lady who left the comment that are not attending College, and probably have the ultimate dream of being a wife and mother.
I wanted to share something that has kinda woke me up!

This verse for a start... 1 Corinthians 7:34
There is difference also between a wife and a virgin. The unmarried woman careth for the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and in spirit: but she that is married careth for the things of the world, how she may please her husband.

So this verse really applies to me, I am unmarried...and so my desire should be the things of the Lord.
I thought okay while I'm waiting...I shouldn't be just waiting... I've read lot's of books(I love to read) about while your single you should be content in the state you are in, I am actually in the process of reading one. I really want to use my years of being at home, with no husband, with no children, no things to really take up my time. I want to give my time to the Lord, serving him, doing whatever I can in the ministry, learning whatever I can.

Girls, stop saying I'm still single...because as long as you have Jesus, your never alone! He will always be there to hold your hand,  He will never leave you nor forsake you!!! Don't just sit around and mope about how slow guys are, or that you don't think you'll ever get married!!!!

I believe God is faithful and He loves me, and I believe someday He will send me the Godly, Strong, Hard-Working,Just like Daddy, Faithful, Man I'm praying for...But until that day I want to focus, on yes preparing for that day, but most importantly I want to focus on serving  my Lord will all my heart!

Purpose of this post, You're not single...God is with you, get to know Him, enjoy your time with Him, Let Him know how much you Love Him!!!!!! For now is the time and place, don't wait for another year to pass, don't wait to graduate, don't wait till you get married, God has blessed you with this time for you to care for the things of the Lord, Don't waste it!

1 comment:

  1. Rebekah, Thank you so much for this sweet blessing. These words are right on and need to be talked about and taught so much more. God has such a different and such a more wonderful plan for young ladies that we so often dismiss, forget about, or perhaps don't even teach!!. Praise the Lord He has such an exciting plan for us RIGHT NOW!

    Katie C.

    ReplyDelete